Nathan P3 vs K3la vs k5ll vs Leslie rs3l or p3

Is that so for any train horn?

I never heard of that.

Not so much as it is with the Leslies.

if that’s true, well, i have a k3 and it lasts pretty long on 5 gal

Video?

Go to youtube and listen to them. I would definately get that K5LLa. Love that 1L bell

I think two sets of k3 would be a great set up!

In your opinion, what’s a “good” length of line if using 1/2" tubing (ID)? :confused:

I’ve set up a two stage air control with a 3/8" SOV in series with a metered ball valve which are in parallel with a 1/2" SOV. My thought (or BS) is I can hit the 3/8" valve and supply a limited air flow to my RS3L’s then shift to full flow with the 1/2" (or 1/2" and 3/8") valves.

I know it gives me two nice distinctive sounds, but will it also help with diaphragm life? :confused:

I have a P3, can do a full grade crossing sequence on 5 gal.

I don’t believe an electric valve will wear out the diaphrams of a Leslie. I see Leslie’s on wide body engines (x-conrail’s mostly) all the time. All wide body locomotives have electric valves. Maybe, I’m wrong and so are the railroads who use electric valves on Leslie’s. ??? Who knows… but I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

Yeah but if you notice, most trains with electric valves now have Nathan K series horns. The Leslies that are still around are sick and worn out lol There are a few exceptions but for the most part…

I’ll only have 4 gallons of air…but I still want to buy a K3HA.

Here’s for you who were asking about a P3 on 5 gallons (also showing it on 15 gallons). This is a reserve tank with no running compressor attatched, but keep in mind I only have 1/4" fittings going into the horn. http://www.youtube.com/user/AMTK24#p/a/u/0/nnxDmkWMgeU

Is there any difference between the K3HA and the K3LA? Air consumption? Quality? Anything?

I’m leaning towards the K3HA, but I’m not 100% sure if I want that over a K3LA…

It SEEMS like the K3LA has more “shrill” to it?

No difference in the pitch, tone, etc. Only difference is the extended mount of the manifold (K3HA H stands for High manifold and K3LA L stands for Low manifold) The K3HA is just spaced up a few inches higher.

What… really?

I’ve been listening to “K3HA VS K3LA” videos on youtube for a while and I thought the K3HA sounded a little different…

Well keep in mind, no horn sounds exactly the same, especially if one is older than the other.

Hmm… I hope the K3 I get sounds like the way I want it to be…

There’s also a K3L (or K3H) which uses bells 1,2, and 3. It has a deeper tone so if you like that you could listen and check those out, I’ve never really heard one of those out of tune.

Hmmm

Which is smaller?

According to this… The note is different on the HA.

http://www.jacksonperformanceproducts.com/hornpitches.htm

I don’t understand this because on the main page it says they are tuned the same…

Edit: I think I was just confused with the similar names. K3L is what I want I think.