Nathan P3 vs K3la vs k5ll vs Leslie rs3l or p3

I’m buying my horn this week and I found a few good deals.

Nathan P3 - $450
Nathan K3 - $450
RS3L - $400
K5LLA - $650

WHICH ONE? I know everyone is going to say the 5, but am I really getting that much more sound out of it?

Quincy

loudest and most unique sound is the leslie rs3l…they r 389 on ebay…
easiest to work on and most common is the k3la…420 on ebay…
k5la sounds awesome,hard to fit in most places…around 650…
p3 is smaller nice sound…easier to fit…

my vote is for the leslie

I’m not worried about the space. It’s going under my Escalde. Plenty of room under there cuz I have no spare tire. I don’t think 3 26’s and a donut would work anyway… I’ve heard all of them on youtube, but that’s different…

So the RS3L is just as loud as a K3LA or anything else?

Quincy

And how efficient is the RS horn? I have 5 gallons of air, but I can get more if I need to. And do these operate best at around 150psi like most others?

Quincy

No horn best operates at 150 PSI just so you know. 120-130 on a K horn makes it sound great. Of course, they’ll take anything over that but will sound worse. Leslie horns are air hogs so, sadly, a 5 gallon tank won’t quite cut it. You’ll get a couple of very short honks before you need more air. Leslie’s website recommends not going over 140 PSI on their horns. They aren’t quite as strong internally as a K horn and have more to go wrong but on a plus side, the Leslie horns are louder than any P or K. (The proof is on Leslie’s website, same distance, same amount of air supplied). They don’t sound as loud up close because they play a lower note. Anyways, hope this helps, and as Steve said, the Leslies are pretty big, they might hang down quit a ways under your truck.

I vote the K3 though, I think you’d be way more happy with one and less of a headache over time.

Also the Leslie will not sound great on a air solenoid /they dont like quick bursts of air. The usually only sound good with a gram-white valve :slight_smile: or the cheap gram white copy valve.

Which hornblasters sells now for an EXCELLENT price

for loudest horn,i say the rs3l with a 9gal tank…enough air,not too much space taken up…

i believe most bang for your buck.and most efficient horn is k3…

most efficient is the P3

ur right…it was typo…
im guessing if he goes with the p3 hes pretty good cause he only has 5gals…
if he gets more id get a k3…if he wants to be a little different get the leslie!

What happens when I put my electric valve on a Leslie RS3L?

Quincy

nice P3 on e-bay right now for $389

Nothing really, it will wear the chambers out faster. If you put a good length of line inbetween the valve and the horn it will be better.

I LOVE my K3LA. It sounds a lot better than I could have imagined!

They are all nice horns, but I love the sound of a P3. It’s like music(really really loud music) to my ears.

+1 The distinctive sound of a P3 sends shivers down my spine! :smiley:

Oh boy… Now I think I’m falling in love with the K3LA… You guys think though if you only have 5 gallons to buy a P3 over a K3?

I’ve got 30 gallons of air and I bought a P3 over a K series. It’s all about what sound turns your crank. Myself I just prefer the sound of a P3 even though they don’t sound as loud up close. One things for sure, you’ll be honking longer off 5 gallons with a P3 than a K3.

P3 it is then. I can only have 5 gallons of air.

Blah, I want both lol…

Hey, does anyone have a video with a p3 on 5 gallons?