Need help wanna start blasting!!!!

Hey Fella’s I bought a conductors special 240 kit from another member on my truck forum. I have everything mounted but need help getting my compressor to work.

I have been lurking on here throughout my entire install and was hoping to join and post up with some vids and install pics but right now I NEED to get this bad boy running.

here is the wiring diagram that I have used:
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae101/hottacoX/CoryHorn.png?t=1302794064

The toggle switch is being used as an overall control, I have taken a voltmeter to the power wire comming from the battery and everything is good there.
when I turn the key and flip the toggle switch i get a gretchy sound comming from the pressure switch and the compressor doesn’t turn on.
I thought I had a bad relay in the pressure switch so I bought a new one(blue one) from hornblasters and I have the same result…

Is there a way to test the compressor to see if it works? Is the gritchy sound from the pressure swich ok?

I have been carrying around an air pig to play with the horn at a few events and Need my onboard air system to work!!
Cheers

Welcome. Make sure all of your battery and ground connections are really good and clean. Be aware of the cold weather problems associated with relays, pressure switches, check valves, and freezing air lines.

Just because the voltages read ok doesn’t mean you have good current flow. Did you check the voltage while the compressor was running?

Hey bud thanks for the quick reply, as of now the compressor won’t come on at all, the ground for the pressure switch and compressor are on the same bolt, so I am going to separate them and see if that helps. To test the compressor to make sure it’s operational can I connect the power straight from the battery or will that cause damage to the compressor if not through a relay?

Yes, you can test straight from the battery.

A relay only connects & disconnects the power (straight from the battery). lol

Just connect the jumpers long enough to see if the compressor runs or pressure could build too high unless you have a safety valve.

to test mine i just touched the ends to a battery for a few seconds.

Hey fellas thanks for the replies, as of yet I haven’t had a chance to pull out the compressor and test it, I will be on vacation for a week in Mexico but when I return I shall test it out first thing.

Now if the compressor is bad, is there a common failure with the 400C? Should it not would it be best to contact lance at viair or just go for a new one?

Hey, aren’t you supposed to take warm vacations when you have 2 feet of snow?? lol

When you see what the compressor is doing, it wouldn’t hurt to call Viair. I don’t know of a common failure.

[QUOTE=ear2ear;53613]Hey, aren’t you supposed to take warm vacations when you have 2 feet of snow?? lol

[QUOTE]

ITS SNOWING NOW!! lol and yeah I had to wait this long due to the wifeys work.

I hope that I can test the compressor and its just a bad connection somewhere. We shall see.

Cheers!(Tequila!!)

The only common Viair problem that I know of is not with any of their models but with the check valve which could fail for a number of reasons.