Need info on how to stop the leak!

ok guys, when I installed the horns it leaked but not bad, it has got to if I park the truck with 200 psi, and I come back 6 hours later, it is below 175psi. Its driving me nuts! I used loc-tight 545 I believe, on several joints, but on afew the guy helping me install said the stuff that came on the threads from HB would work fine.

I am going to take soapy water and see where the leaks are, my question is what will seal it the best? Teflon tape, loctight? thanks for the info in advance!

I used loctite 545 and have no leaks where i used it, the one leak i have is from that slippy tape lol, i let mine sit 2 days before i let any pressure into the tank to allow proper sealage.

that may be part of the problem, I aired it up that day! I will probably go through all of them!

Teflon tape and loctite 545 over that. Best combo ever seals refrigerant leaks with 300psi on it at times.(when it is hot like it is now outside)

sweet! thanks bro!~

Thick teflon tape worked best for my leaks. Remember that the air is hot when its being compressed, when it cools six hours later it should drop a few psi. Not 25 but you get the point.

Ya, I am just tired of every time I park my truck for afew hours the compressors come on

If they’re coming on just because the tank cooled down, no problem, but if it’s due to a leak they could drain your battery.

I dont beleave its from cooling down, I dont drive my truck most all week, when I park it, it has 200psi, 5 days later its like 70 psi. That is too much I think!?

Here is a pic of the truck as it sits now. getting gears and rhino lined bed this week!

Sweet truck man very clean and well built rig. Im ready to finish up on my ride. Always something trying to stay on top

Bad oven truck I would check all your lines with a spray bottle w soapy water after it hits 200 psi wouldn’t hurt lol

Meant bad oven this I phone sucks lol good luck

this post is rather old, aug of 2011.