Need longer air line from compressor to tank

I just got my kit. I have the ViAir 20005 compressor/tank kit. For my mounting location to work, I need a longer air line from the compressor to the tank. If my measurements are correct, the line uses 1/2" NPT fittings correct? Anybody know where I can get an 18" hose with the female fittings?

It has been mentioned that Hornblasters sells longer leader hoses.
Give them a call…
…and then let us know. lol
Welcome to the forums.

Garret is in this week, call him, he’ll help ya out

Called them today. Whoever I talked to (in sales) said the compressor and tank needed to stay upright and that it wasn’t a good idea to extend the hose length as there is a check valve in the line and that it would void the warranty. I plan on keeping everything upright, but I don’t have the vertical space for the compressor to sit on top of the tank; it needs to be next to it. The hose is a simple hose and the check valve is a separate piece that will stay screwed into the output on the compressor. What’s the big deal with getting a hose that’s about 18" in length? I just need the specs and a location to get one.

Did you check with Viair?

I should have done that from the start. Turns out they’ve got a pretty good web site. Located the 280C compressor which states it comes with standard 1/4" NPT braided leader hose. I’m guessing this is what I need

I was reading about that air package and they mention (5) 1/4" ports.
You can have a hose made if you have to.

But like BigYela said - maybe try Viair.

EDIT: You beat me. It took me a while to post that…

So is it 1/4 inch? I’m having the same fitment issue too; need to dismount the compressor from the tank and install next to it.

Welcome “willtill”

On my dual 480C setup I just used a compression fitting at the end of the leader hose and added the amount of 1/2" air line that I needed to get to the tank. Worked fine.

bigdon68

I am having the same issue why can’t we just run standard airline from compressor to the tank? It is all under the same pressure correct?

It’s the heat. The compressor head can get very hot.

Viair has leader hoses on their website…if somebody would just verify the fittings on the leader hose.

Stainless Steel Braided Leader Hose WITH Check Valve:

P/N 92791 - 3/8" M - 3/8" M Swivel (24" Length)
P/N 92793 - 1/4" M - 1/4" M Swivel (21" Length)
P/N 92805 - 1/4" M - 1/4" M Swivel (36" Length)
P/N 92807 - 1/8" M - 1/4" M Swivel (20" Length)

Ok I did not realize that it would get that hot. Makes sense after you brought up the heat thing. I was hoping to mount my compressor under the hood and the tank is on frame rail so that would be a long run. I was trying to keep compressor out of winter weather.

I’m having this exact issue now it’s getting hot outside, I made it all winter without one prob now every time my pump kicks on I melt a hose :frowning:

I ran copper water pipe out of compressor leader hose to the tank. So far so good