New from Canada

Hey there everyone, I am new to this forum, and new to train horns.
I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP on air ride, and have always had an air horn on my car. Nothing special, just a generic 3 trumpet small air horn, which was loud for what it was.
I have always wanted a train horn, and yesterday I was able to find and pick up the horn I have always wanted.
I picked up a Nathan Airchime, 5 trumpet, but the original owner didn’t know what model it was. I would like to say it’s a K5LA, but how can I verify that it is?
It has Airchime on the back of each trumpet, but is it supposed to say Nathan anywhere?
Anyways, glad to be here, and hope to learn a lot about these horns. Trying to fit them is going to be one ordeal.
I plan to remove them and separate them, and have one air line going to each.
I was also thinking of getting them powdercoated. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks,

Adam

Here are some pics of the horns, and a pic of my car

Welcome to the forum. Nice ride and horns.That’s either a K5L (bells #1, #2, #3, #4, #5) or a K5LA (bells #1, #2, #3a, #4a, #5) - you might find a tag on the manifold or numbers stamped on the bell. In either case, a real beast which has a massive impact when provided with the right amount of air!

You can make individual mounting brackets easy enough (e.g. check for a how-to here), but you can also buy ready-made ones from the guy who runs Real Train Horns. He also powder coats most of his horns. Some look real nice but it all depends where you’re going to stick them. If they’re hidden away where no-one will ever see them there’s not much point in my opinion.

Keep us posted on the install and a demo.

Yep. The one and only!

Thanks for that link to making my own bracket. I will keep you guys posted. Oh and the reason for wanting them powdercoated, is because I live in Canada, we have a lot of road salt and grime, and want my horns to last, and not rust or pit.

Welcome to the forum. That’s a really sweet Grand Prix!

Nice horns and ride