New from Minnesota!

I’ve been a lurker around here for awhile now. Thought I’d say hello from the land of 10,000 lakes! Got me a p3 2 yrs ago. Our local railway had 2 locomotives that had been sitting for over a year. I drove by at the right time! They were getting ready to scrap one out. I preceded to ask about the p3. He told me it was just gonna get thrown into the aluminum pile, so I asked if icould have it. They told me to come back in an hour. I went back, he handed me the horn, asked if that’s what I wanted. I said you bet! Now this was given to me, and I knew it was worth something. I handed him a $100 bill. The look on his face was priceless!! He said great that’ll cover our bar tab tonight!!!

Anyways, thought I’d share that story. I recently got around to playing with the p3. It sounded sick. I opened it up, 2 of the 3 bells had a bunch of oil water and corrosion in them… one of the diaphragms is shot, and the seals are looking cracked and dry.

Where can a guy find new seals, gaskets and diaphragms for a p3?

Welcome to the forum. Have you asked Hornblasters?
The guys on the horn & whistle board might be able to help.

No, I’ll send them a message. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums. Did you get your rebuild kit yet? If not they’re available at Micro Precision, the current makers of the P’s and K’s.

http://www.microprecisiongroup.com/nathan-airchime/technical-info

Welcome to the forum from across the pond:D

Welcome to the forums from wisconsin!

Welcome to forums from Wisconsin also, that was a hell of a deal for 100 bucks too!

Thanks! Haven’t found rebuild kits yet. Waiting on emails.

Each post is really helpful too.
???