New Install Help!!

I have my K5LA, dual 340C Compressors, 20 Gallon Tank, 165/200 Pressure switch, barb fittings, 3/4" goodyear air hose all on the way. Look forward to an install in the next couple of weeks. I just have to come up with a mounting plate of some kind to go in the spare tire location under the bed of my truck. I will keep you posted

buck… what kinda truck u got… i might just have the thing for you :smiley: let me know ill help ya out… i got the bestset up so far… haha and its only gettin better…

or i can save ya the trouble and u can just send it to me :wink:

im a welder and custom fab i made my own bracket for my 2k5s under my bed… :smiley:

what compressors ru talkin bout? cuz if their viair, viair doesnt make a 340…

what compressors ru talkin bout? cuz if their viair, viair doesnt make a 340…

Sorry, they are 380C’s

buck… what kinda truck u got… i might just have the thing for you let me know ill help ya out… i got the bestset up so far… haha and its only gettin better…

All I need is a flat plate with cutouts to mount on my spare tire cross member underneath. I made a template this afternoon and took it to a fabrication place down the road. Lance has a diagram in his photo album and we have similar trucks, but I dont need the extension tube, gussetts and mounting flange, because the horns will stick down too far. The mounting plate will be attached to the crossmember with 4 existing bolts, and 4 extra bolts with nylon lock nuts and the K5LA will be mounted to this plate with screws and lock nuts. I got plenty of room above this plate for the air line, so I saw no sense in runing an extension down off this plate, the K5LA are a little over 9" tall, this will keep it nicely tucked underneath and have protection from my rear axel as I have done in the past with my current HB4H set.

I have a 2004 DC Toyota Tundra. It is the Gray Tunda on Hornblasters install gallery.

Here is Lance’s drawing and a crude one of mine…lol

I very HIGHLY recommend you add more compressors!! You will kill them filling up that 20gallon tank…

Dual 380s fill a 5gallon tank, 0-200 psi in 7 Min. 11 Sec… So to fill ur tank from 0-200psi will be 28mins and 44secs…

The Dual 380s fill a 5gallon tank from 165-200psi is 2 Min. 6 Sec.
So to fill your tank will be 8mins 24secs…

The dual 380s are 100%duty cycle at 100psi… But at 55% at 200psi…

So technically speakin u will burn ur compressors up on that huge tank…
If im wrong I hope Lance can correct me, But I would think more compressors are needed…

I very HIGHLY recommend you add more compressors!! You will kill them filling up that 20gallon tank…

Dual 380s fill a 5gallon tank, 0-200 psi in 7 Min. 11 Sec… So to fill ur tank from 0-200psi will be 28mins and 44secs

I guess the initial fill up would be long to reach 200 psi in 20 gallons, but the recovery from 165 psi to 200 psi would not take as long. I am very, very conservative on honking, so I can see if I were to lay on it for sustained periods of time, then I might apt to add a compressor or two more. I know a guy who runs this exact same setup and has installed hundreds with no problems whatsoever. This guy can honk a few short blasts before the compressors kick on and after about 5 or 6 sharp bursts, it takes about 4 or 5 minutes of recovery. I have to make sure that all my fittings are air tight so that I do not get leakage overnite which will lead to excessive compressure usage when I start my vehicle. In the event I decide that I am going to be “honking” quite a bit more than I thought, then I wont hesitate to add another compressor or duals, but for now I dont think its a big deal. I have never heard an actual K5LA on a vehicle before, so I dont know how much more likely I will be trigger happy once I get it installed. I would like to hear the difference between my Conductors Set @ 150 psi and the K5LA @ 200 psi. I guess I dont realize what I am really in for. Videos do not do the horns justice I am sure…lol…

i agree with scared, i thoguht the same and i LAY on my k5s… trust me just be easy till you get more compressors… you will enjoy it… its a hobby and fun… take pride in what you do… cant wait to see what you think of them…

LOL!!! I bet u 5 dollars u will scare the poop outta ur self with the first honk…LOL!!!

The K5LA will have u sayin that is RE-GOD-DAMN-DICULOUS!!! lol