New member with horn trouble

Took my Bronco to an install shop to install my horns. They’re a little older but still practically new (Omega AH-500) They informed me that they think the solenoid is broken and that I need a new one. I currently dont have the truck back yet. I have a couple of question. How often do solenoids go bad and could they have caused it to go bad trying to install it? Also, can I swap out the solenoid connected to the horns with an aftermarket one?

This is the solenoid:

Can I replace it with an aftermarket one on ebay or amazon without any big issues?

Welcome to the forum.
My guess it’s a solenoid valve that opens and closes the air line and they can fail over time. The installation might have caused it but that requires more information.

thanks alot. I just have one more question concerning the solenoid I purchased. I bought this solenoid online thinking it would be what I needed but I think the piece where the hose connects may be too small for the hose I have

I think my hose is 1/2 outer diameter but the fitting on the solenoid i have is 1/4 i believe. im having trouble trying to find out the correct name for the fitting. is it a compression fitting?

It looks like there is a quick disconnect (push to connect) fitting on it… tho I could be wrong… you should be able to remove it and replace with something else…

It only has pipe thread on it and you should be able to get an adapter to go to the correct size…

It might be the wrong size, 3/8" DOT air brake tubing has a 1/2" OD.

heres some pics of the fitting.
on second hand it looks like the fitting on the solenoid is 1/4 but it goes to 1/2 OD compression fitting. I think?? It kind of flanges smaller near the solenoid. Im guessing I should be able to just reuse the fittings off the old one. I found what looks like it may be the solenoid on my horns. Looks like it is 1/4 npt
https://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=1-4-in-chrome-air-valve

If the fitting is 1/4" NPT I think the hose will have a 3/8" OD.

Agreed… it appears to be a reducer fitting going into the horns… but it looks like it is a quick connect…

thanks everyone i figured it out and the horns work perfectly. the solenoid was 1/4 npt and the replacement i got worked. just reused the adapter fitting from the old solenoid.