New to site

I have a 1989 Chevy Silverado Pickup and I am thinking about ordering the Nathan K-5 Train Horn kit to install on my truck. I am wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions where to mount the horns and the air tank and good places to run the air hoses.

run the horns where the spare tire would be at underneath…mount the tank and compressors in the bed… run airline down thru bed…

Johnny on here has a dual k5la on his silverado… search for his post

welcome to the boards!

Yeah ScaredU is right. That’s the way I’m mounting K5s. I have an F250 Super Duty and even tho it’s a big truck, it doesn’t offer much spare room. I am going to re-do my system sometime in the future and put a chrome 18gal. tank and the compressor in the bed. I am currently running it under the truck, mounted to the frame. But I have a steel tank, and it’s rusting real bad. I want my system to look good as well as sound good.
Welcome Aboard

Where do you put the spare tire?

BTW, welcome to the forum “repeatman”

You put the spare in the bed when you go on a long trip. Or do like I do. Get AAA to come pick your ass up. LOL

umm… this thread is almost a year old…

That may be but has the question been answered before? Besides, different people have different ideas so it doesn’t hurt to ask again, right?

Who knows, they might reply with something funny.

Hey, I said I’m blonde! LOL. How do we know? Is there a date? All I see is a “Join Date”, no date for the thread itself.

its on every post lol :smiley:

LMAO twist…

just trying to help out mayne

lmfao hahaha

hahahahahaha

Blind and Blonde. Hey, you gonna use those Coke empty bottles for anything? I think Mom was right, it did make me go blind.

lmao

lol :smiley: