New to train horns completely

Hey i am totally new to the train horn thing, ive been interested in some for aa few years and i was looking into some recently. I found some that seemed ok then i saw the horrible reviews. I am just looking to get something around $450 or less. I need the entire setup it will be mounted underneath my 91 dodge cummins, I want something really loud (who doesnt) and reliable with little to no problems…

Welcome to the forum. The Hornblasters “Conductor Specials” use the Shocker Horns which are as close to the real thing as you can get. If you can afford a little more the best one is the “540”.

Can you get a link please? I dont see a conductor special lol

Wait i found it!

Greetings. Dan has you on the right track - the Shockers are a fantastic starting point. The kits vary mostly in terms of compressors and tank size. The horns stay the same but the XL branded kits get bigger solenoid and 1/2" pipe which is well worth going for.

For what it’s worth, I run Shockers and love them.

If I had space for the manifold on which Nathans tend to come, those are what I’d own, but I just am not willing to give up my spare tire, my truck box space, etc … and my custom air system installation (I run an engine driven compressor on a custom bracket) takes up all of the remaining large open spaces under the truck and in the engine compartment.

You will like the Shockers, but I strongly recommend at least 5 gallons to go with them.