New years eve blast!

So i was all psyched up to blast the horns at midnight… And the weather wasnt on my side! Its 8 degrees here in buffalo ny, with a windchill of negative 3…

Compressor couldnt fill up tank so i only had bout 60 psi in there, and what little did come out it sounded terrible as if there was water in the air line frozen… :o What a way to ruin a good night! :mad:

heres the vid…

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v255/jjs04colly/videos/?action=view&current=PC310763.flv

happy new years all, may the new year be filled with shocking and scarring! And a K5 for all!

I GOT TO UPLOAD MY VIDEOS OF MY K5LA, K3LA, LESLIE RS3J, AND LESLIE A-200 ALL AT ONCE. AND THEN CAME THE kahlenberg came on line tonight with the NEW DUAL 50 GALLON TANKS

have you tried blasting those in 8 degree weather with neg. 2 windchill? lol

I’m still jsut royally pissed that the compressor couldnt fill it up becasue of the cold…

i wanted my sound to be like this tonight like it was during summer when i installed it…

heres the vid of after install comparison

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v255/jjs04colly/videos/?action=view&current=HornBlasterstrainhorn2.flv

hey shizit happens ! plenty of blast time opprotunities in 2009 .

hornblasters_tx has Oasis compressors and they are supposed to work to at least -15 degrees.

when it’s that cold, you could have moisture frozen in your air lines which will block the air flow.

my buddy had a air zenith and it was -28* here one day in korea and there was moisture frozen in the lines and the compressors head blew right off…all that back pressure…never had a problem with my OASIS COMPRESSORS…

As said tho… what good is it if the compressor will work at -15 if the lines are frozen.

Anyone know of a freeze proof line? Im guessing it would have to be highly insulated

Test out the new lines we carry… they’re PTFE… as far as I know, nothing sticks to teflon…

92789 - 1/4" NPT with separate check valve, 20" long.
92790 - 3/8" NPT with separate check valve, 24" long.

The point I was trying to make was what do you do if the lines aren’t frozen and the compressor still doesn’t work due to the cold?

It’s going down to 5 degrees here on Thursday night. Are you saying that my Viair compressors are going to stop working?

Not necessarily, I have customers in Canada that have run our compressor below -15 degrees. I would think that Viair could work below their rating too. I guess it depends on just how cold it gets.

thats just freakin cold

It is for those of us who live in FL or SoCal!

That’s really true for me being a native Californian who’s lived here all but 2 years. Both years were during my Air Force days. 1 year in San Antonio for basic training and school, the other was in Thailand.

The only time I had to experience that kind of cold was a 2 week vacation in the suburbs of Cincinnati while visiting relatives.

From my experiece w/ the cold, when it hits freezing, the compressor pretty much runs nonstop trying to fill up the tank. My tank has been drained empty now for a couple weeks from this extreme cold we have had. It was 3 degrees here other day with -25 windchill! I definately have a small leak somewhere in my setup that the cold found. Im planning on pretty much redoing my setup come decent weather. Either bigger tank or adding on another 3 gal to my current 3 gal setup… Plus new lines, etc.