Newbie... Installation help...

Ok so here is the wiring set up… This is what we have… Bandit 300 Air Horn Kit with 1.5 Gallon Air Source… this is where we have the problem… We don’t want to run to the ignition switch with any wires… So we were planning on running everything off battery by switch… here is what we have… 2 switches…(if needed)… Air compressor (2 wires coming out; black and red wires for ground and power)… Solenoid male ends (2) coming out of air tank… the air horns (2 wires coming out of it for connection)… This is the set up…
We know the direct connect with switch for Air Compressor works… if we have to adjust wires somewhere we will…

Are we missing something else? a relay? anything?

I’m sorry if we look like a bunch of idiots…

socca, you can find a better diagram here on this website. they have wiring that shows what terminal numbers on the relay :smiley:

http://www.hornblasters.com/diagrams/dgm-hbk-b3-act151.pdf

To me it looks like ur missin the relay coming off the battery and a 5 amp inline fuse for the horns.

use this diagram, u dont need a relay just a fuse

Nevermind guys I fixed it… I didn’t need a fuse… I just ran my power wire through the solenoid… and the horn by itself…

u want a fuse…u short out your system and your solenoid is gone and possibly your compressor too…

fuses are a good thing