Newby form Down Under!

Hi all. New to this forum, but not to forums. I’m from the UK, now living in the Barossa, South Australia. Interests are all things mechanical from Land Rovers to tractors! I have a set of K5LA’s which I purchased in a moment of madness on Ebay a few yrs back, but have had no end of amusement out of them!! The time has now come to fit them under the nose of my 101 Land Rover and go have some fun near some derelict stations!!! Once Im not a newb, I’ll post some pics and videos of my exploits!! :slight_smile:

My Land Rover 101

Welcome to the forum.
Which part of the UK were you from? I have several customers of mine who own Landy’s and have fitted train Horns on them. Two in Denmark & one in Bonnie Scotland:D, the guy in Scotland has fitted some massive Lorry engine in his.:smiley:

G’day mate, if you need serious onboard air, especially in the “Outback”, check out our air compressors. We have a dealer there too.

Ahh the Barossa - my favorite wine region. Always good to see another Aussie on the forum. I’ll have to keep an ear out for that K5 next time I’m down there :slight_smile:

I was from Herefordshire, but now loving life in OZ. As for the truck engine… Just finished doing the same!! 5.9 Cummins 6Bt Turbo intercooled 6 pot! Makes the 101 get up and boogy now. Re on board air, I’m all gud, the truck engine came with its own compressor, so I fitted a tank as well… Made use of the air clutch too!! A Land Rover that goes ‘Pschhh’ on every gear change as well as the wastegate howl turns a few heads… Add to that the K5LA and no one misses me!! :wink:

Welcome to the forums!!

Share some Landy pics, lol please:D

I’ve tried, but it always says uploads failed… !!! Works fine on all the other forums of this format…

And then as if by magic, your pictures appear at the top of the thread!.. :wink:

Job done! Cheers!! :slight_smile:

Great looking truck :wink:

I 2nd that. I bet you leave the Hilux crowd in your wake with that beasty.
You got a winch on that ?.. probably doesn’t need one, right? :wink:

Cheers guys! Yeah, it turns heads!! No winch as of yet, but plan to fit a hydraulic winch under the rear! The gearbox that’s attached to the Cummins came with a hydraulic PTO that’s air operated, so it’ll b ideal for a winch! :slight_smile:

That thing is sweet!