nitrogen tank vs. tank & compressor

yea i wish i had a small car for scaring with cause my truck gets all the attention when i role up so it takes away that element of surprise.

Ok so the nitrogen tank is installed. It was a very easy install took no time at all. I will get some pics posted tommorow. And the coolest thing i can do is if you think you are louder than me i can reach back and turn up my psi to what i want LOL :smiley:

how high does it go? also lets see how much a P3 can take lol

it took 220 by accident lol. But i can go to 500 psi if i want even though it will break.

eh, whats the worst that can happen lol

just break the diaphrams. But its loud enough at 150psi

dont be a pussy…:smiley: you know 500 psi is where its at haha

haha im good i dont wana break anything

hahaah

beast get in the chat

Ive tried nitrogen with my bags. The fullsize 9" tank that I run costs me $35 to refill. The first week after my install I used 4 tanks and decided to go with compressors instead. Now I have the nitrogen set at 100psi and let the dual 480’s fill the rest to 200psi :smiley:

are you using a nitrogen bottle the size of an oxygen bottle for a cutting torch or about the size of a SCUBA tank? im askin because my dad is a firefighter and i can get all the SCBA bottles i want, so needless to say when i get my horn hooked up im coming and hell is coming with me

I was using a bottle the size of an oxygen tank.

how long would it last and what pressure was it filled to?

A fullsize tank starts with 2500-3000psi and usually lasted me about a week.

Make sure its full with nitrogen though. Otherwise youll end up with moisture and freezing issues.

$35 to fill per week x 52 weeks = $1820 per year. Save money and get an XD3000

Thats why I converted… It was a great idea at first but it starts adding up fast!

yea i was thinkin about it but like i said im trying to keep it simple. that and my dad is a batalloin cheif for the local fire department and i got the bottle for free and i can get it filled for free so its kinda hard to justify spending the cash for a compressor right now.

I am pursuing the nitrogen tank option also. I did some research and calculations to determine the following:

• A standard scuba nitrogen tank has a capacity of 80 cubic feet at 3000 psi compared to my current 7-gallon air tank which holds just a bit less than 1 cubic feet at 150 psi.

• The scuba tank costs about $100 to buy, $15 for an annual test to certify it as safe for refills, and $8-$10 per refill at any of several local scuba shops.

So it seems that one full scuba nitrogen tank with a regulator will give me the equivalent of 80 full tank dumps with my current compressor setup, and it won’t have any limit to the length of the blast and there won’t be any delay to recharge between blasts. I normally empty my current tank about 3 times per week or 150 times per year. With the scuba tank that would require two nitrogen refills for $20 plus the $15 annual fee = $35 total. So it seems like a no-brainer for me to sell my compressors and 7-gallon tank and get a scuba bottle.

I noticed mixed comments on this forum and others, with some saying that the CO2, HPA, or nitrogen tanks did not last too long or were too expensive, while other reports claim that the scuba tanks work great and save a lot of money. Has anyone actually done this with a standard full size 80 cubic feet scuba bottle, filled with nitrogen, and regulated down to 150 psi? I have done all the math and double-checked the formulas and it seems to make sense so I am ready to buy the gear and try it. Would be nice to validate before starting the next major project.