nitrogen tank vs. tank & compressor

I have been lookin into swaping over to a nitrogen tank. and i think that this mite be of interest to some of you guys with smaller cars with limited space so if you have any ideas or questions i would like to read them.

hmm? never heard or though about that. Would it be expensive to refill the tank? The biggest factor would be how much it cost to refill, and the initial cost too. It would be nice to not have to run a compressor and stuff, but not if its expensive.

its not very expensive i wana say it cost us $15 but im not for sure. so yea its not expensive at all

i disagree, you can fit a 1 gallon and 280c just about anywhere, plus if you cant fit that in your car… you wouldnt be running a horn any bigger than the psychoblasters…

What size tank are you using, how long does a $15 fill last, and have you ever run out of nitrogen at a critical moment?

Compressors don’t have that problem. Install it and don’t worry about it until it breaks, unless it’s oil lubricated.

I think he is talking about using HPA, the same stuff that we use in paintball. If you wanted to go this route, you would need to have a regulator.

oh yeahhhh hpa (high pressure air). well if thats what youre talking about its much more worthwhile to just get a compressor. you would be filling that thing up constantly, and its expensive

No the tanks im lookin into using are much larger that we use on our jobsites and will last much longer.

ive got a Co2 tank on the truck with a K3 – i have what they call a 20 pound tank. It was 170 bucks, I own the tank. The tank comes a little higher then my knees but a full size bottle wide like 9" i think. Costs 23 bucks to fill. have had it for three weeks or so, honking it normally and havent really seen the needle drop that much…i like it so far…what Im going to do is run wires and stuff for a compressor the fitting comming off the regulator is just a normal 3/8th fitting so im going to get a small tank and a small compressor so if it ever gets empty and i want air i can swap it out or something like that.

Coming from a guy who has a tank like your wanting I see nothing wrong with it, go for it!!

Yea thats what I thought. I have like 20 bottles, so we are looking at moutnting two bottles on my truck. So I shouldn’t run out for awhile.

oh you will have plenty of air on it…i can lay on it for like 30 seconds and not even see the needle move alot

Hmmmmmm got me thinking now!!! I would love to be able to honk for thirty seconds!:smiley:

Get an Oasis XD3000 & 10 gallon tank!

Hmmmmmmm…but have you not seen the size of my boot/trunk?? lol I’d be lucky to get a 5 gallon tank in there!!:wink:

(plus it costs Sh*t loads of dollar to import it over here!):smiley:

That’s the trouble with little cars, no room and you’re right about the shipping costs.

ok well im about to find out which is best. This weekend im gonna mount a nitrogen bottle behind my backseat while also leaving my compressor and tank in the bed of my truck. So hopefully the nitrogen bottle turns out to work pretty good so i can get rid of wires and relays switches.

But the upside of having a small car is that element of surprise!!! People are expecting a truck like some of you lot drive around in… Honk honk WTF!!! “Where did that come from”?

“ok well im about to find out which is best. This weekend im gonna mount a nitrogen bottle behind my backseat while also leaving my compressor and tank in the bed of my truck. So hopefully the nitrogen bottle turns out to work pretty good so i can get rid of wires and relays switches.”

Good luck with that mate, Looking forward to hearing how you got on…hmmmmmmm me thinking now…2 awesome jets of Nitrogen spouting out of my boot at shows would look cool!!!:smiley:

ok i will post pics and stuff about how it goes next week!!

Cool. Can’t wait for the results. I was also thinking about a nitrogen bottle.

You got that right!!!