Official 6.2L member!

Little update. I finally put some good gas in there as the dealer only put 87 in there i would guarantee and not the 93 that is recommended.
When i filled up with gas i was averaging 10.6 mpg… Now about 30 miles later after driving with the good fuel, I am averaging 11mpg / city driving only. So this proves at least for this engine you cant cheap out on fuel!
Better fuel = more power and more economy! I would assume it will keep going up… hopefully! hahaha
Will be posting some pictures later after I upload of some mods done this weekend!

Took advantage of the beautiful weather and got some stuff done to the truck…
Removed lower valance
Washed rain X windows
Installed LED projector Bulbs in backup lights
Installed Weathertech visors
Installed BakFlip Bed Rail protectors
Installed Bakflip F1 cover

Truck looks so muh better without the valance.
I am getting the 2" Level kit put on within a couple weeks.
And getting the tint put on windows…

Love this shot

You can see how the backup lights are very focused and put out a ton of light even in middle of the day! That is them shining on the fence. NO flash was used…

Close up of the bulb… You get what you pay for with bulbs! Teese are well worth the $40 i got them for on ebay.

if you got the ones with the smd on the side and top like those its a ton brighter btw. i have tinted tails and now can actually see with them backing up. nice job with the color as well

I need to look into some brighter reverse lights for mine as well. I have some led ones but not like those.

I got these bulbs about 2 years ago off ebay. At the time they didn’t have the ones with the side LED’s, but I see them now on there.
For now these are good enough. I still have to mount my backup lights under the bumper yet. Those are awesome at night and great for someone behind you tailgating or with there brights on :smiley: :eek:

I did a install in a 2011 Sierra Denali HD Diesel last year with a 232 Kit. After customer saw my install in my Volvo V70R Wagon he wanted more.

Since this HD had a 5" turbo back exhaust, a 5 gallon tank under the truck was a big PITA. Final specs: Dual 480C Pumps, Dual Shocker S4 horns, 5 gallon airtank. 160/200 PSI Pressure Switch, 200/235 Safety valve

I have one Shocker S4 in the rear and one Shocker S4 in the front behind the grill.
Nothing In the BED, everything is hidden under truck

Could you get a reverse shot of those at night not against the wall? My dad wanted to mount a light bar on the rear of his 08 for snow plowing but those look really bright, got a link?

Best i can do right now is 2 shots i allready have of night… one is of the backup cam, and one is by the fence.
I’d go outside and get a diff pic but its only 6 degrees out :eek:

I got them off ebay. These were actually from my 06 silverado and had a diff style base than the factoy one in the truck now, but i put these in and they fit actually even tho it was a different base size… not as wide.
Depending on the exact bulb his specifies , on ebay type "cree projector LED "and the # bulb u need… This is an example of what you are looking for… about same price to. i think i paid $40 actually , but looks like same thing and these have side leds too, so it should reflect more.

Ok ill take his apart before I order him something. He always complains about not being able to see anything behind him, those looked really bright.

Thanks much!

Its 0 degrees by us and I would go out and take a picture for you!! haha :smiley:

Fancy. You need that Chevy train sticker on the back window though!

It will be there this summer… Wont put it on until my horn is in… and too cold to apply decals now. lol.
I got my tint put on last week fri and its taking forever to cure.