one Air Zenith or dual 480's ???

Just fishin for some opinions on which I should go with. I’ll be running an 8 gallon air tank, 165/200 switch, 1/2" lines and valve, to a set of K5la’s. I’m kinda stuck with figuring out pros and cons of each cuz they’re about the same price. Basically just trying to figure out if one Air Zenith is better than dual 480’s. I appreciate any advice and guidance, I’m pretty new to the game LOL.

I have gone through 2 AZ’s spend the extra couple buck and go dual. That is what I have now.

I love Viair!! So i said 480s

yeah 2 thumbs up on the viairs. have 2 5gal tanks with a viair380c on each works like a champ!:smiley:

sweet…thanks for the replies. I had a bad feeling that one AZ was too good to be true. What kind of hose and fittings are you guys runnin. I ran some of those fittings that you push in and they lock but i didn’t like them. What do you suggest I do with those or should i run something else.

Where’s the smilie for “not saying a word!”

lol

:smiley: LOL There you go Lance

Most everyone is using the flexible pvc tubing in the 1/2" size for the k5’s. as far as connectors I would go with the brass ferrel type that you slip the ferrel on the end of the hose install into the fitting and snug it down.they seem to work the best. or you can have custom hoses made up with the crimp type air fittings,but they are costly.:cool:

I took my truck to PIRTEK and it is plumbed with all hydraulic fittings and hoses.

hey strobed , not to be nosey but what does a set of custom made hoses run for??

With my discount for going through my dads job, it was 105, all fittings and hoses. including labor to put it on I had one of their guys help me out. but it will be cheaper for you guys. I went with warranty and all 5000PSI rated Kevlar lines.

u expect to get shot at?? haha jk

hes from the south u have to expect the worst living down here!

HA HA HA That is funny. No just went with the best of the best.

EDIT: My Line going to the psycoblasters is only rated at 3500 PSI, Still Kevlar tho.

Most everyone is using the flexible pvc tubing in the 1/2" size for the k5’s. as far as connectors I would go with the brass ferrel type that you slip the ferrel on the end of the hose install into the fitting and snug it down.they seem to work the best. or you can have custom hoses made up with the crimp type air fittings,but they are costly

I heard that you should use the brass barb fitting with a hose clamp for easy disconnecting and reinstall if needed?? Anyone doing this?

the barb fittings and clamps sometimes leak and arent able to hold higher psi

if your wanting to be able to disconnect it why not use a quick disconnect coupler? the black airline should be flexible enough to be able to use one

I’d recommend DOT rated nylon tubing and DOT rated quick connects (push-to-connect, push-to-pull) fittings. They’re both readily available, easy to use, and safe for high-pressure systems.
Having a burst rating of 3500 PSI is pretty cool too, but 950 should be enough for your average air system.

the barb fittings and clamps sometimes leak and arent able to hold higher psi

if your wanting to be able to disconnect it why not use a quick disconnect coupler? the black airline should be flexible enough to be able to use one

They should be fine for 200 psi, shouldnt they?

the ones i had were leaking at 140 psi