Out With The Wolo, In With The Nathan!

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself and post about my recent install.

I finally ditched the Wolo horns, along with the one gallon tank, for a bit of an upgrade. :cool: I purchased a K5LA kit from realtrainhorns.net and Iā€™m very happy with the outcome.

Bells 4 & 5 are facing forward, while bells 1 - 3 face rearward along the passenger side frame rail. All horns are mounted with 10 - 15 degree downward angle to aid in draining any possible moisture.

I mounted the 8 gallon tank and two OB2 compressors in the bed, underneath my Pace Edwards cover.

Nothing blows like a Nathan Airchime! :smiley:

ETUGG

Welcome! Nice job! Post an audio clip please.

The second video (the dark one) was taken in North Carolina at a distance greater than 1.2 miles (as a crow flies).

http://vid94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/johndeerefear2440/Nathan%20Airchime/IMG_2093.mp4

http://vid94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/johndeerefear2440/Nathan%20Airchime/5824CE07-7105-4889-AFA6-171AE3A4FEBA.mp4

Very nice horns, install and video. Thank you.

Nice! :D:D and welcome

Hello & welcome from across the pond!:smiley:

Welcome from west coast.

Welcome!! Awesome setup!!!

Nice man, trying to get me a set soon hopefully!!

Jon

Thanks guys!

Its hard to not blow it every time I drive my truck! :smiley: I try to resist the temptation due to the on / off nature of an electric valve. I just ordered a manual valve that Iā€™ll run in parallel to the electric, so hopefully I can feather it when appropriate. However, I have no idea where Iā€™m gonna mount it in my cab. The goal is to keep the install neat and clean so my interior isnā€™t cluttered.

Dont feel bad, thereā€™s no shame in honking!!! When mine was installed I can say i blew it AT LEAST once per trip!!! Mine was highly visible though and Iā€™d get people doing the ā€œpull cord motionā€ on a regular basis!!! They are a blast!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I also struggled with the manual valve inside my truckā€¦ once i settled on a location then it was a nightmare to run the air lines. Its worth the effort though, that valve just adds a cool factor thats hard to beat!

are the brackets the horns mounted on the kit from realtrainhorns.net