phssssssssss.......

I was driving up this mountain up to a house my friends aunt is going to buy, it was a long climb up this mountain road, as I was almost there I hear a loud Pop and a loud hisssssssssss, I though I blew my radiator but the temp was fine, but when I popped my hood I was greeted by an air line that was next to my exhaust manifold that popped, whoops, Guess one of the ties came undone. here’s some pics.

That would have scared me! haha

Is that DOT approved tubing?

I have had a 1/2" O.D. DOT tubing running close to my engine head (some direct contact) and close to my exhaust manifold (no direct contact) for at least a year now, no signs at all of overheating. Pretty tough

I had the same thing happened twice with d o t tubing mine was about 6 inches from my exhaust manifold and still popped it

I’m using Goodyear 300 PSI High-Temp line that you can use with oil and other lubricants but it’s really hard to find.

-Kris

I learned the hard way that 200psi (max) hose is not strong enough for 200psi (wp).
This brand new hose popped on a hot day in direct sunlight.

It was replaced with Dayton 300psi hose.
My new airline is braided stainless over teflon tube since it might run near the exhaust.

Yeah the Air line that Popped is the Air line that goes to my Grovers (went lol) I am gonna buy a shocker valve kit (The shocker upgrade kit) And hook my Grovers up to it and ditch this tiny airline. That way I will have 1/2 inch air line running to my shockers and my Grovers when I put them back on my truck this October or Sept.

3/4" Air Brake Tubing FTW :cool:

lol ooops. Glad it wasn’t anything too serious!