Please HELP!!!

I have been browsing for a train horn for my truck for 4 days now. I was 1 minute away from buying the Maximus stage III’s for $369.00. Is there anything out there that is better for around the same kinda money?? Thanks for any info!!:slight_smile:

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=shocker-228vx-train-horn-kit

Thanks for the reply. So you think it is worth it spending another $140 bucks buying the 228 cx’s??

If u can afford it…yea…

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Do it, you wont be sorry, a few extra bucks will make that smile on ya face alot bigger!!!:smiley:

Welcome to the site.

The 228 is a great starter kit. From there you upgrade to better kits with larger air tanks, and bigger compressors to fill faster, more efficient.

But warning… Once the bug bites you, you will want a nathan airchime :smiley:

I was bitten by the bug multiple times to upgrade :wink:

Heres my silverado… Couple mounting places shown there…

Also, I use to have my shockers up front right behind the grill where i have my airchime now.

The extra money for the shocker kits are well worth it. I first bought the maximus and it was only on my truck for about three weeks until i bought the shockers.

I have had the maximus horn, shockers, old cast P3, and K3ha. And i have sold the maximus simply because it just dont compare to any of the other horns.

So from past experience go ahead and go with the shockers and dont waiste the money on the maximus or any other chrome china made horns on the market.

I appreciate the help on this site. You guys are awesome and cant wait to order the SHOCKERS. My wife thinks that it is stupid. I’ve got A D D and can’t stop looking at the train horns. I’ve looked at EVERY ONE of them and it just seems like the Hornblasters are the better horn. I wish I had the money for the K5’s. I saw a couple on youtube and they are GREAT. Again I appreciate that replies. It really helps. I’m going to check out the 2006 Chevy now!!! THANKS AGAIN:)

Post pics when u get em

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Very nice set up. I’m trying to sell my factory rims and tires right now so I can buy the 228s. I’m going to take my spare tire off tomorrow and for the wiring and mounting of the compressor, i’m kinda stumped. I don’t have a bed cover and I really don’t want to drill any holes in my cab. I thought about maybe mounting a toolbox in the back of my truck and putting the compressor and tank in there. They say not to mount the compressor on the outside of the truck?? Any suggestions. Also, I was wondering how big around in diameter the airline is??

I appreciate the INFO. So glad I didn’t buy the Maximus:)

Thanx for compliment…

I figure u can get some ideas there for yours…

Depending on which airline you are using with depend on outside diameter…

I have 1/2" od going to the shockers, and 5/8" od for the k3la (which is overkill some say…) But i say its the only way to go for the big horns.

The standard shockers come with 3/8" od airline i believe for running to the solenoid and then i believe it goes to 5/16’ to the horns from the manifold… Been a while tho since i had that setup.

Also, compressors can go outside or inside.
Only setup that is not recommended is mounting the compressor upside down since moisture accumulates in the head.

Wow… I’m running two 1/2" lines to the side inputs on my K3la. Each side input is a 3/8" so essientially I’m running 3/4" ID airline to those horns… plus another 1/2" line to the shockers.

if you are overkill… what would that make me?

Still alive!!!:smiley:

(another thread stating your wife will be collecting the insurance money lol)

I just wanted to say that I get my Conductor’s Special 240’s on FRIDAY and can’t wait!! I was hoping that you could steer me in the right direction. I plan on mounting my horns in front of my radiator, as for the tank and compressor, I’m LOST. I don’t have a bed cover or tool box to mount them in. In the future can I plan on asking you a couple of questions??

My compressors are mounted in the cab behind the backseat(muffles a lot of the sound) and tank is in the bed of the truck. Just a suggestion. And good luck with install.

I have a K5HLA that will be in friday cant wait to hook it up

I take it that I will have to drill a couple holes in my cab?? I wanted to stay away from that but if thats what I got to do, then I’ll do it!! Will they send enough airline or will I have to get more?? I wish that I had a lil bit more knowledge about these and where to put them. Having a job that I work 6 days a week and 3 kids it will probably take awhile. Thanks Beast!!

Some cabs have places pre drilled in the cab with a rubber grommet in place. Just simply cut an opening into the grommet and run lines and wires thru. And then when complete seal it up with silicone to prevent any possible leaks in the future.