plumbing question

Hello everyone,

First off I gotta say, this is a wicked forum you guys have on here with lots of info and great how to’s.

I’m a new member on here and ordered the shocker 248xl kit. Now I understand some wiring aspects and others not so much but I think I have it figured out. The plumbing however seems a but foreign to me.

I ordered the kit with a 1/4 to 1/8 reducer so I can plumb a ling from the tank to a over head glow shift air pressure gauge I have mounted in a spod 4x4 switch panel.

Now for my problems/questions.

1. How do I connect the line from the tank to the reducer bushing, as in how do I connect to the spare port on the tank to a line then connect that line to the reducer bushing to the guage.

2. the kit comes with I believe a 6 port 2 gallon tank, I have the spare port which I would like to run three devices out of. Is it possible for me to find locally a t fitting of some sort in which I can connect the viair air source relocation kit as well as the line from my previous question and a additional air gauge?

I feel I am in foreign territory as I have a 2012 jeep wrangler and it seems that there is not a whole lot of room or knowledge on train horn set ups in this vehicle. But there seems to be quite abit of on board air options.

I’m hoping to change that and make a how to video to show others it can be done for future reference.

thanks for all the help in advance.

Do you have the gauge yet? A lot of times they come with a compression fitting.

Welcome to the forums.

Connecting extra lines to the tank is real easy and you have a few options available. Yes you can buy T fittings - either to fit straight onto the tank port (i.e. brass / threaded), or push-in T’s to suit your line size in which case you just cut your line where you want to splice it and then just push in the T and the extra line.

Also consider the wide range of alloy manifolds you can buy (e.g. through McMaster-Carr http://www.mcmaster.com/#tube-fitting-manifolds/=o53wgo) which means you just buy the number of fittings required.

In all of the above, push-in style fittings to suit the poly air line is probably the easiest way to go - example below:

If you do a search on push-in pneumatic fittings you will come up with hundreds of options in all manner of sizes (especially on ebay). Here is a place someone else on the forum suggested in the past:
http://www.airedup.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_44

They are easy to work with and don’t tend to leak unless they’re super cheap or you fiddle with them a lot. Anything with threads and you’ll have start using a thread sealant. A big caveat to this is “pressure” (i.e. PSI) - I thought that the 248XL kit had the Viair 480C which means 200 PSI unless you’ve running a pressure switch that cuts out earlier.

At 200psi you probably will find that the plastic style fittings can start to leak a bit. Not so much on the 5/16 hose size (with 1/4" threads) but if you go to 1/2" then go for fittings that are rated to handle the pressure.

One last aspect to remember is that small lines won’t carry much flow - especially the longer they get. They’re fine for a gauge or so but I wouldn’t use them to drive air tools or the horns (go 1/2" for that).

Anyway - welcome to the forum and I hope the above makes some sense. I’m sure you’re gonna love those Shockers - they’re awesome!

Welcome to the forum. Use DOT air brake tubing with those fittings and 1/2" is usually recommended.

thanks everyone, that answered my questions.

I do have the gauges, one is the standard hornblasters guage and another is the glowshift.

However ill be calling hornblasters tomorrow as it appears somethings were missing and came damaged.

thanks for all the help folks

They will sort it, customer service is awesome, give Rigo a shout;)

Well, had a bit of an issue but all was solved. Now mounting these beasts is gonna be my next challenge