Police involved.

Hey there guys! So I haven’t shared any stories with anyone yet but I thought I may as well share this one, so most of my friends know that I have the Shockers 228VX installed, and like to toot it often. Earlier today one of my friends messaged me on Facebook telling me that someone has contacted the police about my car and the train horns, so I went to check it out, they contacted the police by posting on their Facebook page. Here’s what was said;

“During the odd 10 minutes after the majority of students leave for the end of the day, there is a black ( hatchback we believe) car which sounds off a train horn far far to loud which has been causing an annoyance to many local residence and students. The decibel levels are far greater than those permitted and may be causing permanent damage to hearing. It is rather frequent and a pest. If it persists I shall be airing a call and formal complaint with the likely times of appearance and horn sounding.”

I think someone’s a little mad at me don’t you? But I certainly don’t drive a hatchback so she got that one wrong :’), once I can view the posts on the Facebook page again I’ll share the link with you guys!

Happy honking!

Ahh, so the police weren’t actually involved; someone just made a post on Facebook threatening to call the police if your trainhorning continues. Got it.

You’ve stumbled upon a pet peeve of mine, and you’re going to pay for it.

Ever listened to one of those 24-hr news channels where they’re getting ready for a commercial break, and the anchor (for example) says something like “and after the break, I’ll show you the aftermath of that gas explosion in <city>”…then you sit, waiting breathlessly on the edge of your seat through the break, then they come on and show you a burnt vehicle (gasOLINE instead of just gas) instead of the block or two of devastation you were expecting?

Or, you’re going to one of those news websites where the link says something like “school shooting in <city>”, then you click on it and it’s just two idiots shooting at each other just outside school property, and no one else was hurt or killed?

In both cases, you were (hopefully) relieved that the devastation wasn’t bad or deadly, while at the same time angry at the news for wasting your time on relatively-trivial matters (while making it look far worse than it really was).

Look, I hate to be “that guy”, but please stop wrapping an innocuous situation up with an “OMG POLICE INVOLVED” gift wrapper. Not only does it set off my OCD, but it also gets people who have lives rather unhappy with you.

Your handle (Orion) is too common to Google, so I am unable to find every post you have ever made on the internet so I can really pick you apart. You also seem to be new here, so I’m willing to give you another chance.

This is just additional advice, but in some situations–assuming that’s a direct quote you posted up there–it’s not wise to post direct quotes on the internet. Especially when it’s from someone who is unhappy with you, and the police potentially can get involved. All that person would have to do now is Google the text she put on her facebook, and your post would probably be at the top. This is the primary reason you won’t find many recent “horn stories” from me. The internet is serious business.

wtf^^^^

x2…

Wow…Okay for that, but I suppose the title was a bit misleading and I apologise for that, also I don’t use the same name for every website so good luck trying to find my other posts. But if the police was to get involved I doubt that they would be able to trace where I live from here, yes this website allows people to see where others live but you see, I’m not that stupid, I use VPN’s to cover and mask my IP.

http://www.facebook.com/gwentpolice/posts/10151448399565452?comment_id=28314998&notif_t=like

Too everyone I promised the Facebook link too. Gwent, is the county I live in so that’s why it’s on their Facebook page.

hahahah thanks for the link.

No problem, obviously a few people have gotten involved and commented on there now, but you get the jist of what she’s trying to say :L

Ahahahahaha XD Gwent police are like Thames vally, bunch of…well. you know what lol!

In the MOT test, there is NO maximum sound for a vehciles horn. Only a minimum level and that it is not alternating like a fire engines. All legal, you can just say that at the ‘regular times’ students keep walking in front of you and you are alerting them to your presence lol! :smiley:

The decibel levels are far greater than those permitted

Those permitted? She sounds a right moose. Although if the old bill find you to be caausing a nuisance there is a kind of ASBO thing for cars/drivers. But that’s if you get caught, able to do anything about it etc… But some people are too busy body and will make something of it :frowning: Maybe make it less freqeant? I love honking at the muppets at our local school, but don’t do it too often as people clock who/what car you are :wink:

somethings wrong with the link… or they deleted there comment already…

ohh and… v

Honestly, the more time you spend worrying about BS like this or people who fly off the handle for next to no reason, the less time you have in going out there to honk your horns.

Police are busy people and noise complaints are probably right on the bottom of the list of their priorities. If they catch you in the act and want to make an example out of you, then you’ll cop a fine and you get on with your life. Obviously be sensible and mindful of your ability to get onto people’s bad side with the horns. I think you’re more likely to run foul of litigation lawyers (especially in the U.S) than the criminal system. You only have to read the story about how a guy and HB got sued by some pansy with sensitive ears to realise that’s not a pile of poop you want to find yourself in.

That’s my 2 cents. Happy honkin…

For some reason the page status’ get taken down during certain times, not too sure what’s going on there

What a weird post. I think your OCD has the best of you.