Possible pressure switch problem?

I used my horns today and heard a loud “pshhhhhhhhhhhh” when the tank was filling back up. So I flipped my compressor power switch and waited until I got home to look at it, thinking a line popped off or got a cut. I was messing with it in the driveway and noticed the compressor seemed like it was going for a while, longer than usual. Then the safety valve popped open and let out a bunch of air. So do you think it’s the pressure switch being faulty and not stopping the compressor once 145psi is reached? It is the Viair air source, 2 gallon 145psi. It’s not that old and is mounted in my bed under a tonneau cover so it doesn’t get wet or anything.

Ideas? Lance, is there a warranty for this?

Here is a picture of where the kit is mounted (no longer in bedbox like it was for the tutorial),

do u have an air gauge on ur system??

No, I need to put one on tho. I checked the Hornblasters page with the info on my air source and it says the safety valve is a 175psi one.

All 150 PSI systems have a 175 PSI cutoff.

It very well could be the pressure switch. Take a photo of the switch and email it to me, please note any lettering that is on the switch. Once I determine which you have, I’ll send you a new switch.

Fair?

-Make sure you install a relay with your Air Source kit, so you’re turning on the pressure switch via a dash mounted rocker switch and the relay. Direct to power will kill the pressure switch.

Sweet, thanks a bunch!

I’ll go take pictures now of it and get the lettering. And yes, I have a relay for the compressor installed. I did the tutorial that is posted in the how-two section so you can see how it is wired there.

I’ll PM you in a few minutes :slight_smile:

i still need a new pressure switch! lmao!

Quit ‘yer bitchin’!!!

LOL

^LOL

PM sent

Where is the air source located now?

LMAO!!! Lance!! LOL
Its cool…

Go Oasis!!! lmao!! jk

Whatever floats ya’ boat !!

Right there, under a soft tonneau cover so it doesn’t get wet either.

Check your PMs please!

One test to be sure first…

yeah, but only if you need an adjustable pressure switch between 100 and 200 PSI with an operating temperature range of -40 to 200 degrees…just kidding.

You should go with the pressure switch recommended by the compressor manufacturer!

Kudos to Lance at Viair :slight_smile: