Power for my HornBlasters Shocker Classic 228VX Train Horn Kit

Hello People,

In about 2 days my kit will finaly arive in the netherlands where i live!
I have a question about this kit: HornBlasters Shocker Classic 228VX Train Horn Kit

As you know be reading the manual it needs 16A 12V. But i don’t know where to get a line in my car that carries 16A!
I own a volkswagen polo coupe fox 40 KW E2. It’s an old car from '93.

I know something about electricity but not so much about car electricity.
I want to get the power from the fuse box and not directly from my car battery wich is my absolute last option. But i don’t know where i can get the power from the damn thing! I know that a red fuse is 16Amps and a Blue one is 25Amps. I can see them! I can find out where they are from. But i don’t know how i can get power of them!

Is there someone here with knowledge about this?

Thank you in advance,

Jules.

Welcome.

Sorry I got some bad news for you. You need to come off your battery. It would be too easy to blow those fuses in your fuse box.

The trigger wire can/should go to your fuse box. It draws very little current.

Thank you for your answer!
I did some research and i now know how to get the power directly and safe (fused) from the battery. Thank you for your answer.

Welcome to the forum. Yeah, decent compressors need direct battery power.

Ear and Dan are correct. You will need to run directly off the battery. The only thing I have going to my fuse box is the wire that runs from the pressure switch to the two relays that close when I switch on the ignition on my truck. I also have a toggle switch that I switch off so when I am starting the truck in the morning it doesn’t make the battery work too hard when cranking the starter. Once the engine is running and the alternator is working I switch the compressors on and they fill the tank up.