Pressure Switch

What pressure switches is everyone running??
What psi and what brand??

Viair 165-200 - plain switch - no relay - brown barrel style

Stops right @ 200

ive blown everyone i had of those… i blew one that was only used twice… worked once then never worked again… i have a square d pressure switch now and it is baddonkey!! never had a problem with it…

Cool
SquareD = industrial
Were you running full amperage through the switch or just triggering a relay?
I noticed they have 20amp & 30amp versions

i was triggering a relay… it blew my fuses and my pressure switch… but now i use the square d and 80amp fuses lol havent blown any yet…

Viair 110/145

purple HB 110-150 with dual built in relay

Hey scaredu - SquareD makes a ton of pressure switches.

I’m looking at the 9013 series… Is yours something like a 9013FHG?

There are more digits for the pressure range /connection threads /options, but is that the same series?

mines something like that…i cant remember which exact series model it is…
but i stand by these square d switches man! they can go probably up to 400 psi if u had compressors that would go up that high…
these compressors are industrial so they are built right and built to last man…

Well that’s one of the reasons I ask. Looking at the specs on the Grainger site, the burst pressure is only 220psi for the 9013FHG series. My safety valve is 235psi. That’s a little close for a hot summer day.

Also, they have an “unloader” valve option. But not sure exactly what that means.

Was your switch in the $30 range or up in the $80 range?

my switch was in the free range…haha… i took it off the hands of a buddy of mine…he wasnt using it anymore…so i asked if i could have it cuz i kept blowing those tiny viair ones…

you control the range of the psi by springs… u crank them up or down to raise or lower ur psi…trust me i think my range for this one wasnt even near 200psi… but believe me it runs to 200psi all the time everyday…
i dunno how quick ur about to buy one but when i go back out ill check to see what model i have if u want… its like 20 degrees right now and i dunno when next time im going back out, lol but if u want i can check it for u…

Ours is “Nason” and has an adjustable shutoff between 100 and 200 PSI with a fixed differential of about 50 lb.

I haven’t heard anyone complain about Square D pressure switches and they make them in many PSI ranges. Some of them include an unloader function.

Is there such thing as an adjustable pressure switch? if so has anybody used one?

my square d is adjustable

Yeah, I’m not in a hurry - just planning out my redo.
Is yours adjustable range and differential?
The series I was looking at has a fixed 40psi differential which seems fine.

A model number or even a picture would be great.
Thanks.

Square D has many ranges with fixed and adjustable differentials.