Pressure vs Airflow vs Airline Quantity????

1) Does increasing the airflow (by using a larger airline but with the same psi from your airtank) increase, decrease or maintain the pressure on the diaphragm?

2) I you have 200psi runnuing through a 1/2" airline, then would use a Y splitter to convert it into x2 1/4" airlines actually reduce the pressure and airflow by half?

its not as much as air pressure but Air Flow. Horns take a LOT of air flow so to answer 1/4 might be a bit restrictive on the horns thus making them not as loud.

Think of this like you would electricity …

Example: the K3L needs 90 cubic feet of air per minute at 120psi to sound good. This suggests using a rather large inside diameter line or pipe.

Using a larger inside diameter line puts less wear and tear on the air line since you’re not stressing it out, and the decrease in pressure from say 150psi to 175psi doesn’t eat up the diaphragms.

I’m not good at the math involved, but consider using a reinforced high pressure line with at least 5/8 inch inside diameter.

-Kris

When I designed my system, I determined the whistle wanted / needed air volume waay more than air pressure.

The whistle would not make a peep when shot w/ an air blow nozzle, but I would always get it to sound when using lips and lungs.

My system has 40’ of 1" ID plumbing, from the air tank to the 3/4" whistle solenoid valve.

The result is that the whistle has outstanding performance. The plumbing provides 1.6 gallons of unrestricted reserve, sitting against the valve.