Project: York 210 on Tahoe

I’m not exactly sure what the thread is because we no longer carry them. I went by word of mouth.

I think your CFM numbers are at 0 PSI. Our motor spins between 1500 and 1800 RPM. We deliver 14 CFM @ 0 PSI but only 8 to 9 CFM @ 100 PSI.

Our 10 gallon fill time is 1 minute & 47 seconds from 0 to 150 PSI.

http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?p=62894#post62894

Hey infamastalin, nice fab work! I see that you used some kilby’s parts. I’m trying to do a York install on my Ram and have been calling Kilby’s but get no answer. I am hoping they are still in business. Do you know if they have gone out of business? Thanks

id say they are still were open. Like there website were you order stuff is still up and running

http://www.kilbystore.com/products.html

Yeah, the kit I need is out of stock:mad:. The more I look at it, the more discouraged I get. I wish I had the room you have lol. Really considering an Oasis

If your current alternator can handle the oasis then go for it. Both EDC’s and oasis have some drawbacks but thats for you to determine whats fine and whats not.

Not sure if it will or not. But yeah, I am weighing my options. Thanks

Dixie,
I hate Kilby with a passion. Their customer service is TERRIBLE. I had a recent experience with this as one of my universal quick disconnects (part #QDM from the Kilby store) won’t lock over male QD inserts placed into it. It used to, but won’t, now … and my system’s had precious little use, as I’m still building it out.

To make a long story short, I contacted Kilby by email, referenced my order number, and asked who made the part they were selling, as I wanted to contact the manufacturer and explain what was wrong … as well as determine if I’d failed to maintain the QD port in some way. The response Kilby gave me was (and I quote): “[FONT=Times New Roman]sorry we can supply that information to you”[/FONT]

Typo aside, you mean to tell me I can’t know who makes a part that’s on my vehicle … that I bought from Kilby? That’s absurd. So, I carefully inspected the part, found a stamp on it which read 152U, did some research, and learned it’s made by Coilhose Pneumatics. I also learned that Amazon has them for under 5 bucks, each … shipped 2-day delivery if you’re an Amazon Prime member (I am) … versus Kilby asking 11 bucks each for them and wanting $20.00 to ship one via UPS ground.

I’ll never do business with that company (Kilby) again… not after that scenario. That’s customer DISservice.

What kit are you after from them? The only thing Kilby really sells that is difficult to do yourself are the mounting systems for the York – and even that’s doable if you can weld (I can’t). If that’s what you’re after, since you have a few Yorks it’s probably prudent and most expeditious for you to find a fabrication/welding shop, take one of your Yorks to it, and describe/show someone exactly what you want and have them fab it for you – leaving the York with them for them to work with – after they take measurements off your engine’s mount points, of course.

Also, before punting and going DC, another EDC option is a Sanden – as it’s smaller than a York. You’ll need an oiler for that since it’s got no oil sump like the York. However, I’ve got almost no space to mount mine and am mounting a 210 … proof that you CAN shoe-horn a big York into a tight space if you are creative. My mechanical engineer and machinst friends hate me, though … because the bracket fab they’re doing is a complete pain, LOL.

The way I see it, you’ve got some Yorks … think it through, find a mount point, and discuss it with someone who does fab work. I bet you can find a way to get it in there if you really want to. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m done trying to contact Kilby. I think I’m going to attempt to do it a different way than the the Kilby kit. Thanks to marineone I found a very good write up on cumminsforum.com using the serpentine belt. Here’s a couple of pics from it. Here’s the link also - http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-non-powertrain/463064-york-oba-edc-install.html

Wow, if you go that route you have lots of space … and an easy mount plate to fab. I’m jealous! Just make sure you leave space up top for the Rotolok fittings and filter/hoses. People sometimes forget those. They’re actually part of my issue, too, as York height is one of the challenges for me, since my location is above the PS sump’s fill port. (I’m going to make a ghetto funnel for that, heh.)

We do what we have to do to get things done lol. I will take plenty of pics and post info as my project progresses. Hopefully I can get started this weekend. Thanks for the help