Public Address

Well I have a Cobra CB with a 100watt Powerhorn from Radioshack. It works great but I’d like it to be louder. Anybody have any ideas or advice?

get a whelen or the one hornblasters sells

just because you have a 100w power horn dosent mean your getting that much power that is the power rating of the speaker… you need to find out how much power the cb is actually putting out to the speaker. from there you could either run an amplifier or as said before get the 100 watt pa from hornblasters or a whelen.

Well i wouldnt mind getting a hornblasters but I just dont want another object cluttering my dashboard. Does anyone know of simple amplifier that I could install that doesnt require rca wires?

take the cb to a cb shop and have them turn the power up inside of it. Alot of truckstops have tuners in them. Most T/A’s do.

I’ll be installing a 100 watt Hornblasters PA system this weekend, so I’ll post photos when I do. I plan to install the head unit in my center console, so it will not clutter up any dash space. The speaker (depending on width) should be able to be mounted to the side of the radiator or to the bumper crossmember behind the bumper and below the radiator.

I am a bit curious, why do so many people have these on there vehicles?

Cuz their just like train horns… Their hilarious when your not the one getting made fun of. I actually installed them because it was a simple mod to add to my CB.

I want one so when someone cuts me off I can tell them how I feel.

Just got mine in… Holy crap!
The speaker is SUPER HEAVY DUTY!!

(May have to mount it on my trailer hitch! - j/k)

i would probably get a felony if i had one considering i do drive an ex police fleet vehicle lol