Pull Actuated air valve?

Hey guys, I want to put an air horn in my truck. It’s a 95 f150. I want to run 2 roof mount tractor trailer horns. Now I don’t want to run them down to a switch on my dash, I want them to be pull actuated. Not just a pull switch either, I mean one that actually opens the air valve with a cable, like what the real big rigs used to have. It seems pretty easy to find these types of valves online but how would I go about mounting this on my roof? also, it seems most of the horns come with a built in electrical solenoid air valve. Is there any way I can bypass this so I can use my pull actuated air valve with out completely destroying the horns? Better yet, are there any horns that don’t have a built in solenoid that I can just hook up a pull valve to?

Are there any big truck wrecking yards near you? The valves they use are pretty much still the same as they used to be. Just a pull switch, no electronics involved. Find a set of horns at the same yard and the air lines and mounting hardware will be there, or try on ebay.

This what your looking for?



Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk