question about new solenoid im not familiar with

soooo on my old kit, the solenoid was already connected to the train horn (fairly cheap so i upgraded lol)

the company sent me this one

http://www.afcvalves.com/mod195.html

ok now, it has 2 inlets…im not sure what i need to put in those inlets

my tank is automatic and stops when its full and i power my horns from a button, would it work if i just connect 1 wire to the button and ground the 2nd wire?:confused:

Welcome to the forum.

If you read that diagram, it tells you which port is the inlet and which one is the outlet.
The inlet is the side & the outlet is the bottom - opposite the solenoid.
There should also be some sort of arrow on the valve body telling you the flow direction.

Yes, run a wire from your button to the solenoid & ground the other solenoid wire.

i had a good feeling you would respond :smiley:

Yes, run a wire from your button to the solenoid & ground the other solenoid wire.

so thats really all i need to do?

sorry, im not the brightest when it comes to this, its new for me lol…so nothing should go in the inlet and outlet right?

just connect those 2 wires

There are 2 main parts.
For the wire: You need a wire from a positive power source to one side of your button. Then a wire from the other side of the button to one wire of the solenoid. Then connect the other wire on the solenoid to ground.

For the ports: You need an airline from your tank to the inlet port on the valve. And you need an airline from the outlet port on the valve to your horns. There should be an arrow on the valve pointing towards the outlet.

If the old valve was connected directly to the horn, the new one will require some more (and possibly different) fittings.

ooooo gotcha!!! thank you!!

Welcome to the forum nike23.