Question on K3LA install

Hello everyone. I am going to start my installation on K3s on my truck. My question is about air line and valve. My plan is to use the 3/4 port on the air tank out to a 3/4 electric valve then down to 1/2 into the horns. Does this sound like a good plan and where do you guys get 3/4 air line and 3/4 push on fittings from. I haven’t had a lot of luck on line yet. Thank you.

You can stick with 1/2" fittings and hose. The K3 won’t consume more air than that.

Welcome to the forum. I think 1/2" should be fine since most horns have smaller ports.

Thanks guys. I was thinking about using 5/8 line too. I wanted to have the most volume of air available if the horns could use them. If you don’t think it’s worth it I can just order 1/2 valve and line. I’m going to use an 8 gallon tank in my tuck And the duel 400c kit. Do you guys think the 400Cs are the right way to go or another duel kit? I will have the horns connected to the tank and also two lines that I’ll use to fill tires if I need to, but that’s it. I didn’t feel I needed 200psi compressors.

My old truck i had my k3la installed using 1/2" OD at first… then i heard the restriction. I then went with 5/8" OD which is 1/2" ID and she sang loud and clear … And did i mention loud!?! lol. Bigger is better, will deliver more volume but beware to back that line up with reserve. Dont be trying to run 5 gallon tank with 5/8" line. I had 2-5 gal tanks and she just kept up. Now my system is starting off with a 12 gal tank. Much better! You will have that compressor working hard!

Also remember to match your fittings with tank. Avoid swivel PTC fittings! They tend to be a smaller ID because of the swivel and will cause bottle neck.

You can spend $100’s + on fittings and line but if you cheap out on one fitting and go small, it will bottle neck your whole setup.

Well I decided to actually go with a K5LA instead of the k3. I figured if I’m going to do all this and spend the money for everything a little more and I could have the k5s. I got a 8.5 gallon tank and the twin 400C compressors. I’ll take pictures of everything as I install it all. I went with 3/4 line too with the K5s.

wheres them pictures :slight_smile: