Really, it was an accident, I swear.

In the subdivision I live in, when one person has a garage sale, they put the word out and a bunch of people have them at the same time.

No problem with that. The people that go to the garage sales seem content to just abandon their car in the street with no regard to whether the are blocking traffic or not. :rolleyes: A couple of years ago on my way to work the road is blocked by two or three cars in front of my neighbors house.

My horns were hooked up with a push button to blow them. If I just tappped the button I could get a nice little toot, no harm, no foul. Well, I tapped the button and the SOB stuck. :eek: :smiley: A couple more quick taps and it stopped but by then it was too late, the damage was done.

Needless to say the cars were moved quickly. My neighbor was standing there with his arms out giving me the WTF look. Sorry dude. :o Still get a chuckle out of that one. Glad nobody had a heart attack.

lol thats my worst fear is the valve sticking haha, good reason to go manual :slight_smile:

that happened to me once! With my shockers! I reground my solenoid and it works fine now!

Connection to the solenoid being bad wont make the solenoid stick open… I would suggest getting another solenoid valve and make sure it is rated for the appropriate psi… Also make sure the one you have is rated for the appropriate psi… It should have it on there… If it’s in MPa there is 145 psi in 1.0 MPa.

I believe that marlin was saying the button itself got stuck…not the valve. That’s why I decided to use the horn button on the steering wheel…less chance of something like that happening.

I have a set of 4 note electric horns out of a 1990 Cadillac wired to my steering wheel, guess what? IT GOT STUCK ON! I was driving down the freeway and all of a sudden Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo… I pulled over and took my horn pad off my steering wheel and found out there was a bare wire grounding off and sounding the horns lol! It can happen no matter what you wire your horns to. Its all about making sure the switch is in good condition and in case my switch gets stuck on for the train horns, I can turn off via the toggle switch to the solenoid to make it stop. The experience taught me to BE Prepared for the unexpected!

That’s correct, it was the el cheapo button. :eek:

Have a manual valve now. :cool: