Rear bag question

i have a gmc 1500 lifted 9.5" on 37" tires. What i want to do is put bags in the rear so at the flip of a switch it can drop to the ground and come back up to my normal lifted height. I do a lot of trailering as well so it would have to hold up to alot of weight in the rear. Is that possible to do something like this or am i dreaming??? Any help would be great,

There’s no way in hell you’re going to make it “drop it to the ground” unless you design a fully articulated rear suspension of that sort of travel, and then determine how to make an air spring or other pneumatic leveling device work in such a large stroke.

Thats what i figured…So what kind of bags would i need to just have it drop in general. I would want to to drop at least 12" if not more. ps thanks for your help

How tall is you lift?
Don’t know much about airbags, but the axle to frame clearances would be the same as a static drop.
A stock 2wd can be lowered about 4" before having to “c-notch” the frame.
A stock 4wd can be lowered about 5" before notching…

My truck has a 3" body lift and 6.5 Suspension lift

If you add air springs (bags), you will not get any drop - since the suspension is holding the truck at its current height. You may get some lift, but its going to ride hard as a rock with any amount of air pressure in the bags. People with lifted trucks generally use bags to increase their towing capabilities.

Then there’s Kelderman, whose suspensions are meant to be adjustable.
http://www.keldermanmfg.com/

Nevermind - I reread your original post.

I just installed Airlift 5000 bags on my 07’ Sierra 2500HD. I actually found that with no extra weight on the truck, it rides much softer and smoother with about 25 psi in each bag. When I put 60-100 psi—Hard as a rock and bounces all over the road with no extra weight. I would only need to crank them up when I attach the camper or have a load of stone in the bed.

I have those in my 07 sierra 1500 and I love them, rides a whole lot smoother and softer. Well worth the money