Received A 115dba Federal Signal Electric Horn

A close friend passed 2 years ago. His widow asked me back then if there was anything he left I wanted and I told her after all the family has been satisfied and she needed help selling or hauling anything off to let me know.
She had me over to help prepare for her selling the home and a yard sale and told me to look around for anything I may want.

There sat a used Federal Signal Model 55 with a short 120v plug cord.

I sampled the thing when I got home using a small Black & Decker inverter clamped to the battery and made every dog I could hear near and far start howling and barking. Heh! Its the same tone you hear at basket ball games. WoW!

I reflected in amazement as to why all the train horn compressed air stuff when one could just use an inverter, relay, and a golf cart horn button and blast. Then I priced one. $heesh!

This thing is going under the front bumper of my minivan.

The specs and Mfg Link.
• Resonated column of air generates sound
• Produces 105dBa @ 10’ (115dBa @ 1m)
• Indoor/outdoor use.
• 120V / 60HZ / .75 AMPS
• Duty Cycle 5 Minutes on - 5 Minutes Off
• (• Resonated column of air generates sound • Produces 105dBa @ 10’ (115dBa @ 1m) • Indoor/outdoor use. • 120V / 60HZ / .75 AMPS • Duty Cycle 5 Minutes on - 5 Minutes Off • URL)

Plenty of electrical horns that are ear piercingly loud. Doesn’t mean they sound anything like a trainhorn though.