Rocker 228 @ 116psi?

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Considering roofmounting the two horns in this package on my '91 Suburban. Thing is, my existing oba is limited to 8 bar or ~116psi. I’ll get 10 bar/145psi when I get around to converting my A/C pump to air, but it might take a while. Will these horns work well enough at what seems to be a considerably lower pressure than they are rated for? I’m pretty new to pneumatics and entirely novice when it comes to horns… 50 liter/13.2 us gallons tank btw.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Daniel, Norway

Welcome to the forum.

They won’t be quite as loud, but they will still work.
How many gallons is your tank?

The reason I ask is that a consistent 116psi might be ok, but in reality the pressure starts dropping as soon as you hit that button. So if you have a small tank, you might not be happy.

Guess I should go up to 10 bar as soon as possible then… Just found out I might be able to do that before the A/C conversion without much fuss.

The A/C pump should deliver ~9cfm at normal cruising rpm, so when that project is finished, continuous access to air should be fine.

I’m primarily looking for an upgraded emergency horn so sustained blasts hopefully won’t be necessary.

Seeing as 2.5-5 gallon tanks appear to be fairly commonplace (at least on the hornblasters website), I guess I’m over the(ir) average at 13ish gallons.

13 gallons is plenty. I mean there’s heaps of guys running K5’s with 10 gallon kits.
The rocker horns are the shorter of the two horns (B3 and B4) from the the Shocker series (which add the B1 & B2).

With the full quad shocker set you’d get about 5 seconds on 2 gallons @150psi starting pressure, so it just shows how nice and efficient those horns are. If you’re only planning on running two horns - even at 115psi tank pressure you’d be getting a LOT of honk time - and yes they will still be extremely loud even at those lower pressures.

Yeah, that’s plenty of air for the Rockers.
Again, not as loud, but 13 gallons will go a long way.

Cool, thanks a lot for the help :slight_smile: Hopefully I’ll get them ordered this side of Christmas.