Sending Unit Help!!!!!!

Ok so I bought a HB 400 PSI gauge and sending unit from here over the winter and just got around to hooking it up. Problem is I keep getting “EEE” flashing after it cycles. So I double checked the wiring and know it’s good. My QUESTION is there is 2 terminals on the sending unit and I don’t know which one to use. The install directions are not clear on that. I have tried each one separately and then both together. Do I need to run a wire from each terminal to the SND one the gauge? Anyone got any Ideas or did I get a bad sending unit?

I believe HB resells the Dakota Digital - Solarix Series air gauges shown here:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=389/category_id=291/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd389.htm

If this is the case, here is the Instruction Manual which helps troubleshoot the “EEE” message:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/odyr-19a.pdf

Did you use tape or sealant on the threads of the sender? Maybe the gauge is not grounded properly. Here is what the manual says:

Problem: Gauge lights up, but displays sender “EEE”

Possible cause: Sender is not grounding properly.

Solution: Sender grounds through it’s mounting threads. Make sure the threads are clean. Do Not Use Tape or Sealant on Sender Threads.

There are other troubleshooting steps listed which you can read in the manual.

OR if HB uses a different pressure sender it may be similar to the one on my Air Zenith gauge and pressure sender. One of the terminals on the sender needs to be grounded. Air Zenith instructs the ground terminal on the sender to be grounded to the same spot as the ground on the gauge itself to keep from getting inaccurate readings.

Actually my bet would be on this. Try grounding one of the terminals and see if that works. Are the terminals marked? One terminal should be for the ground and one marked to go to the SND input on the gauge.

Hey thanks for the info. I had HB Email the instructions today and I did what it said…with no luck. I ran a new wire from the SU to the gauge and another one to the ground on battery…with same message"EEE" I did not try to reverse the wires at the SU to see if that made a difference…Yes I did use sealant on the SU threads…so maybe that’s my prob…I will clean then off and try again in the morning…I’m betting I have a bad SU:mad:

Check with HB for which SU they use. I taped mine and it works fine, but I have a ground wire run to the SU terminal and then grounded to the bed of my truck along with the ground from the gauge. Since you have two terminals on your SU also my guess is it should be connected the same way. I’d call HB and ask them if switching the wires doesn’t work for ya.