Should i buy this?

OK guys, this is my first post besides the one in the intro forum. I found a guy that is willing to sell me a York compressor (don’t know which one), a 2 gallon tank, control switches, air chuck, hoses and some horns (not sure which one they are), and the rest of the miscellaneous parts that come with it. He just took it off his Jeep last night and I haven’t had a chance to see it in peranything i should look for wson but the pic of the compressor looks good. He is selling all of this for $250. Is this a good buy for a used set up? I have seen that new or refurbed York’s go for over $250 by themselves. What should I look for before handing over the cash? Going this afternoon to look at it. Thanks for your help ahead of time!

Welcome.

Would the York bolt right to your engine or is it different? I would figure out how to mount it before pulling the trigger. Too bad you couldn’t hear the horns before he took everything off.

Yes the compressor will bolt to the Duramax, but I will have to make a bracket. I have seen a post on another website of just such a bracket and it seem pretty easy to do. It will just take some time. I don’t plan on doing this install in one evening. Yeah the horns, it would be great to hear them, but I really don’t care what kind they are because I will end up upgrading them anyway. Same with the tank. I am most concerned with the compressor.

The compressor will need 8 to 10 ounces of oil in the crankcase at all times. The discharge rate will be about 1 ounce for every hour of run time. As long as you maintain that oil level you’ll get many years out of it. It should deliver about 8 CFM @ 1500 RPM.

Sounds like you’ve done a little research. I’m not really up to speed on the Yorks but a couple guys have been snatching them from the junkyard.

As long as you know what you’re getting into…