Something Went Bad on Wiring...

Hey guys, I’ve had this Shocker 540 setup for a long time. Over a year on my old Colorado, and now I got a new Silverado. I’ve had this setup for about 3 months on my new truck. I went to drain the tank and noticed something bad. The power wire is all melted and burnt where it connects to the pressure switch. Also the compressor wire looks like it started to burn. I don’t know much about wiring so I had another guy install this for me. Could one of you suggest what might have happened here? Id like to get this fixed asap because now that I don’t have my horns I’ve actually had a couple of instances where they could have came in handy :)! Thanks

*Im trying to post pictures but its been a long time and I don’t remember how to. I think they’re too big.

Wire tends to burn only if it gets hot. Wire tends to get hot if it’s undersized for the amount of current it’s carrying.

maybe upgrading the wiring might help. like the above said ^^^^^^

Although the above suggestion is valid, check all your connections and make sure they are all clean and solid. Heat builds up because of resistance (measured in Ohms). Thin wire has a higher Ohm resistance than ticker wires, but even thick wires can burn up because you can also get resistance in a circuit due to a corroded connection or another faulty part. A visual clue is that the heat damage IS at the point of high resistance (hence will show up on kinks or around connectors). If you are seeing heat damage, use a test meter to check circuit resistance - if you don’t have a meter, get it checked by an auto electrician.