(Sort of) New Member from the UK

Hi Everyone!

I had registered on here about a year ago when I first installed my horns, but I could never get the activation email, but I’ve finally sorted it lol

I have the same install as Speedy - Conductor’s Special 228VX (both car and setup in fact), as it was his install that made my eyes glow and an evil giggle cross my lips.

Anyway, look forward to being involved (although I need to check my pressure switch this weekend as I think it’s fubar at the moment - so I may need to get in touch with stinky pete soon to get a new one)

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome.
What’s up with the pressure switch - not shutting off ?

Welcome James C to the forum ;), tis good to have another UK hornblaster on here :smiley:
Easiest & most obvious way to check your pressure switch is to drop the two spade end connectors off the top of the pressure switch and touch them together or put a piece of wire between the two and your compressor should leap into life.
Then shout me, and I’ll sort you out a pressure switch, no problem.

Get some photos up of the install & your ZT:D (I think that’s what car Speedy has?)

Yeah, the compressor cut out then starts up again, then cuts out then starts up until the safety valve blows.

Defo sounds like a pressure switch problem :frowning:

Tried it again today and it’s doing the same thing, so drained the tank completely (first time in a year, naughty I know!) and there was hardly any moisture in it (phew)

I’m off to Munich for a couple of weeks now, but I’ll drop you a PM while I’m away, Pete, as I want to pick your brains on where you get suitable fittings from as well, as I want to run a couple of tee pieces off and add a pressure gauge and an airline for doing my tyres.

Not taking the car to Munich unfortunately, as some Oktoberfest honking would have been very fun :wink:

No probs, or email me at hornstaruk@gmail.com, I got some Tee pieces and reducers etc etc.

Welcome, and it sounds like the pressure switch to me too.

Sorry Pete, I wasn’t able to get hold of you :frowning: So I’ve ordered the bits straight from HB

James, i’m so sorry I was away for the best part of last week & weekend (work & weddings), and a destroyed phone, thanks to my 13mth old daughter.:mad:
I’m glad you got it sorted mate with HB.
Cheers & sorry again man!