SS line to compresser

I see places where it says you need the SS line from the compresser to the tank instead of a made line, why is this important?

paul are you talking bout the airline from the compressor to the tank? if so cause the end fiting has a one way check valve in it. to keep your tank from trying to go against the compressor .:cool:

its not just the check valve you can always add a check valve the hose from the compressor to the tank needs to withstand heat when you compress air it builds up extreme heat the stainless is more of a saftey precaution incase the line burst

What he said, Air gets hot when compressed and cold when decompressed.

ok, the reason I was asking is because I found a very nice mounting location on the bottom of my F350 6’ bed. I don’t use a spare tire so I have PLENTY of room under there, what my fear is, is the weather, rain, snow cold, etc. I was checking out some of the installs off HB.com and I see the pickups with the compressors inside the frame rails and buried under the bed. My K3 should be here this week, once that comes I still have to get a 1/2" solenoid and fabricate some brackets. My dad knows how to weld and has a nice mig. I might end up removing my front bumper and see if I can squeeze the set of K3s behind it. Wish me luck.

good luck gettin those k3s behind ur front bumper… show some pics if u do

Its okay to run DOT line from the compressor to the tank - as long as you run the line from the end of the stainless steel braided leader hose WITH the check valve in place. This is as simple as adding a female fitting with a push-to-connect for your airline size at the end of the leader hose.

Don’t forget the Loctite 545 !!!

&

“Just say no” to teflon tape!

blah teflon is fin if you know how to use it and not wrap it over the end of the hole

I hate using teflon tape! It’s fine for 100psi. or lower. I use Loctite on all my pipe fittings, cheap insurance againts leaks.