Switch works intermittenly

Had my horn installed by truck shop. Red button to activate horns was very sensitive…fun to use. Now it works intermittently. I have to press it 4-5 times sometimes to activate horns. Other times it works fine, although I still have to press hard (not as sensitive). Any adjustments I can make to improve the sensitivity?

Welcome to the forums.

The obvious things are to check the electrical connections or replace the switch.
But it could also be your valve sticking.

I’ll start with the connections and replace the switch. Thanks for the reply.

It might be that the switch isn’t designed to have much current running through it. When I first installed my kit, I used a typical computer tower reset switch. It only lasted a few days of light usage before it was unreliable and randomly worked and randomly didn’t until it didn’t work really at all. Now I just tap a cigarette lighter plug in the cigarette lighter when i want to honk! The + for the air valve is hooked up to the battery, the negative is at the cigarette lighter.

Eliminate the switch from the equation and see if the problem goes away

thanks for input. i ordered a new switch from hornblasters. i figured it was easiest to start there and if it doesn’t work i’ll start checking the wiring etc.

Welcome to the forums.

If it becomes worse I say just go get another switch. I think the one I have was $3 lol

And welcome to the forums!

Threadjack

SoCal, are you the guy that has all the videos on youtube with the different horns?

/threadjack

^^negative

nope…Just the Hornblasters Rocker kit and my stock truck horn.

I WISH i had more lol, but after I get another set of tires I’ll be getting a PA system. I’ll take more vids of that when I get it!

That’s BIGMIKE SOCAL. He’s on www.hornwhistleboard.com

ooohhhh lol…there are just too many of us Mike’s running around!

Haha, yeah but, he’s THE Mike of the horn collecting world.

Mike has the Horn!!.. :smiley:

BIGMIKE SOCAL has more than horns. He has Oasis Compressors too.:smiley: