Taking the plunge (Is this the way to go?)

Hornblasters 540?
All right guys I looked at this about a year ago and then my front diff went out and the Horn plans went on hold.
Now I’m back and I think I have narrowed it down to the 540 Conductor’s Kit because I can upgrade fairly easily later (which apparently happens to everyone.)
This is going on a 2003 Escalade EXT and I am just wondering if there is any advise on install or even purchasing?
I think a 5 gal is the way to go and the 400c seems to be the right compressor but it is at the top of my price range at $629.
I guess I am just looking for the confirmation that I am choosing the right setup, first set ever.
BTW I gotta tell you this forum has been great, you guys really know your horns!

Can I be the first to welcome you to the forum. WELCOME!!!:smiley:

You have chosen well Grass hopper, you most certainly wont regret the 540xl
kit. I currently am running this kit, I love them to death! Get a manual valve and you can do this…Turn ya volume up;)

Thanks!
That manual valve is ridiculous by the way.
and now I’m gonna have to get one too!
-S.

Welcome to the forum!

That’s a good choice, and feathering the manual valve helps give it that authentic train horn sound without having the Nathan’s or Leslie’s … which you’ll be getting sooner than you think :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums!

-Kris