Tank condensation

Ok, so I take my Conductors Set out this afternoon for Bixby1980 (he has not paid me yet , SierraK5) and we tipped the tank over after pulling one of the fittings and rusty water came pouring out. Should we add something to the tank or clean it out periodically?

I am getting a 20 gallon tank and it has a water drain valve on the bottom, how often should they be drained?

Any/all help greatly appreciated.

i try to drain my once a week water can build up pretty quick on humid days water + tank = rust = weakend tank over the years

i have a drain plug on the bottom of my tank i drain, and i also have 2 water traps after each compressor… i drain those…

My suggestion is to add a valve to your system that will drain the tank with a small switch in your cab. It also allows you to “scare” someone on a much smaller scale bcuz it’s still loud when you’re near it, just air escaping. (something safe enough to use on …well…your mom or so :smiley: )

Also this way, you find yourself hitting that switch daily as well, keeping your tanks as dry as possible.

I have the wing-nut looking valve on the bottom of my tank, should I drain the pressure before I blow out the condensation, or leave it at 200 and slowly twist the valve? How long should I drain the tank once the air is expelling? Do I let it blow out the bottom until all the air is expelled from the tank?

Thanks in advance

just unscrew it slowly and once all the water has blown out close it back

its called a drain cock but anyway…the best and easy way is to hook up a sel. valve… and put a butto on your dash to drain it like i do… plus u can scae ppl with that…haha

its called a drain cock

I know the technical term, but I figured I would get haggled for saying it…lol…

the best and easy way is to hook up a sel. valve… and put a butto on your dash to drain it like i do… plus u can scae ppl with that…haha

Do you have a link where I can get one?

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/category.php?class=6
Pick a valve, any valve… The SMC and the Airlift are very good. Any size will do, it really is a lot of fun to scare people with the valve sound. You’ll see, you’ll see… remember to use the coupon code Forums!
-Matt
or just call
1-877-209-8179

Honky, you’re hardcore man!:wink: