Tank size only limited by duty cycle

The XD3000 is only limited by its duty cycle, not tank size. It can run about 30 minutes out of every hour at 200 PSI. That’s about 130 gallons.

I got my XD3000 a month ago and I’m very impressed on its ability to pump air. I was amazed how fast it filled up my two 5 gallon tanks it filled it up like nothing, unlike my two 400c’s. One other thing that I noticed is its a lot quieter than the two 400c’s. I will mount a delta fan which moves 150cfm of air just like what was done on the XD4000, my question is, does the fan only operates while the compressor is on? I am planning on hooking up a capacitor (just like what they use on car stereos) in parallel to the fan so the fan will operate for a minute to cool the compressor even more after it is turned off.

Why a cap? caps are good for short bursts of power which would work if the fan only ran for a small amount of time, which it sounds like it would. but I would swing for another battery, Its just about the same price as a good cap and It has a lot more power than a single cap. but its up to you really. I just like batteries better than caps.

Yes you are correct that the caps are usually used for that extra power especially for subs although I think I can use it to operate the cooling fan after the normal power cuts out. It will work much like a car dome light where it stays on for a while after the door has been closed.

First: If the fan has any electronic circuitry in it like the one in our XD4000, that circuity can be damaged as the voltage drops from the caps.

Second: You’ll need a bank of caps equaling 2 to 3 farads, which is a lot, and still it would only last a few seconds.

The best method would be to control the fan with a thermistor or thermocouple at the head of the compressor that would turn the fan off when the head cools down.

A time delay relay would work as well =)

Thanks Tiernan, that might be the best suggestion yet.

Thanks! I think I will go with the Time delay relay to keep it simple. I hope I can find one when I go to Manila next week. The XD3000 is awesome, it is worth every penny I spent. The only thing I don’t like about it is the oil filler which is on the side, I am glad it will be a long time before I refill it again. Those people at the Oasis are awesome, I always get an email response for my questions very quickly.

Just keep an eye on the oil level sight glass and when the level gets close to the bottom, add more. There’s access to the crankcase on both sides if that helps.