Thanks for Costing Me Sooo Much Money

Hello Everyone
I am from W.N.Y. and I have got hooked on your Train Horn Forum.
I have been reading a lot of posts trying to get the best information for when I go to install my 3 Chrome horn system that I bought some time ago.
I had what I thought was a nice train horn in my last vehicle, so when I traded it in, the whole system went with it and I wanted (needed) one back again.
I now have a 2011 F-350 King Ranch Dually, Black in color and I wanted just a little more horn. I found a set of New Train Air Horns with the solenode mounted between the horns and that was the start of things. Next, I came across an 8 gallon aluminum tank with 8 ports all nice and shining, that made me smile. Next, I started reading TRAINHORNFORUMS.com about getting the right compressor (here’s where things started me going). I ended up buying 2 Viair 400c compressors from Craigslist that were just about brand new.
I kept reading the forums here and I was convinced about buying a K3LA and kept reading more and more, next thing you know, I ended up buying a K5LA:eek:. I can’t wait for them to be delivered and find a good spot for them.
It may be a month or two before I get them in because I have so many projects ahead of me, because I LOVE MY TOYS…
My name is Jim and I just wanted to come on here and Thank Everyone for costing me soooo much money:D :smiley: :smiley: :D…

Haha welcome to the addiction, i mean hobby :slight_smile: you going to put both setups on your truck or just the K5? Either way sounds like it will be a heck of a setup!!!

Posted using Tapatalk

I am hoping to put both set-ups on the truck, I’m not really sure why. I have the room for both, so why not. I have never done any drugs, but I can see how THIS can get addicting. I plan on doing everything myself…

I too have a F350 so please take pics!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Welcome to the madhouse!:smiley:

Welcome to the forum Jim.

I’m looking forward to seeing some install pics. Sounds like you picked up some nice parts.

If you’ve truly been bit by the bug, pretty soon you’ll want more air and less wait!
Welcome.

Welcome, the addiction bit me hard to!! I just added up everything I’ve gotten over the last two years and went OMG! At least it’s safer than crack!

I was gonna say its probably more legal too but i guess thats debatable haha

Posted using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum and to the addiction! You’ve come to the right place for technical support! These guys are awesome!

Soooooooooooooo??? Any updates yet?

I am sorry it took so long to post my installation of my K5LA’s into my 2011 F-350 Dually. I am hoping the pictures show up because I am much better at working on vehicles then I am at working with computers. Computer ILLITERATE I am:confused:.
Freshly Painted before Installation…

Horns mounted under truck after removing spare tire

Air Compressors, tank, electrical & air lines mounted in box

The front box is a 75 gallon fuel tank that automatically fills into main 38 gallon tank, total 113 gallons diesel

Inside of box with 2 Viar 440c compressors

Switch mounted on right side to drain air tank

This is another compressor that is remotely operated from the cab to adjust the air bags on the rear of my truck

From right to left…Viar 440c compressors…Electric valve for the K5LA’s…First air out let on the right goes to another set of air horns from a tractor-trailer 3/8" air line…middle out let goes to the K5LA’s 1/2" air line

This is a picture of my truck, trailer and a few of my toys…

Just my BIG TOYS with plenty of LED lights and horns That is a 48’ car trailer with my 2011 F-350 King Ranch

great to have another WNY’er on here!

kenny_the_mangler Where do you live???

wow that’s a sweet truck!! Nice install.

I’m from lancaster. There’s at least two people on here from west seneca and I think one buffalo as well.

:eek::eek::eek: Holy Moly!.. excuse me while I turn green with envy over here. Aside from the horns, that’s a seriously nice collection of hardware you got there!

I’m an old man Ford fanatic from way back so it’s not difficult to make me drool over kit like that.

Got any details on your Stangs? … are they all Mach1’s?

I’ll second that. You Sir, are my new hero.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes, I love my TOYS. The 3 Mustangs pictured are all 1969’s and Yes, they are all Mach 1’s. Pictured on the left…This is our (my brother and I) newest build, it is all numbers matching w/351 Windsor, automatic painted in Acapulco Blue. Pictured on the right is another numbers matching w/351 Windsor with a 4 speed painted in Indian Fire Red. We are the third owners of this Mustang, we have owned it for about 17 years, it has all original sheet metal, motor, driveline, everything is original, except the paint and tires. I went and bought the original looking Goodyear Polyglas tires to make it almost looking like it just pulled out of the factory 44 years ago. Now the beast in the middle…We bought it in Atlanta, Georgia hoping it wasn’t rusted too bad, what a MISTAKE. The only thing we used off that car was the firewall and front frame. Everything else was replaced including the roof. It is painted in Gulfstream Aqua. What we have now is a HEAD TURNING, NECK BREAKING BEAST. The motor is a 351 Cleveland 4 bolt main, with a 871 BDS blower producing 750 horsepower. The rear end was tubbed, with 19" wide tires. It has never been raced, but we drive it on the streets and is soooo good on gas getting on better days, 2 MPG. When we go to shows, the worst we ever did was 1st place, normally gets Best Engine or Best of Show. My brother and I do most of the work ourselves on the cars except the paint…

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing some info. The late 60’s to early 70’s were just a dream time for muscle cars I reckon. Used to have an Australian built 74 hard-top coupe with a 351 Cleveland. I still miss that old girl and hope someone kept it or restored it rather than just letting it rot away.

Anyway… feel free to post some pics of your cars. Looks like StinkyPete must have given you a hand putting the photos up - send him some more :wink:

Kenny, want to meet up for coffee sometime?? You name the place and time and I’ll be there. Afternoon is best for me. The life of retirement :)Go to bed late and get up late…