thinking of starting to build my system

thinking of starting to build my system little by little on my 1979 Chevy C-10 454. first thinking of starting with a 20 gallon tank as i plan on this being a multi use truck. thinking of using the Extreme Outback ExtremeFlow Belt Drive Compressor V-BELT system. I have some questions about this air system someone here might be able to answer. some of my questions is how would it do with filling a 20 gallon air tank? how is it wired? how would it automatic shut off after tank is filled? Plan on using my truck for C.E.R.T (Community Emergency Response Team) events and ham radio stuff. this is going to be a year long project so really in not much rush to finish it. plan on adding air horns, lights, and a lot of radio communication gear. so i’m in need of a bigger tank for air horn system and if i ever need to run air tools and whatever else i might need air for.

Welcome to the forum. There’s a member here called MarineOne who runs the EDC you’re considering, so you should be able to get some good tips and pointers from him. The York 210 is probably more popular/ common. EDC’s use oil lubrication so you may need to consider an oil trap on your output but they can run for long periods so filling a big tank like 20 gallons should be ok.

You may also want to check out the Oasis compressors. They cost a lot but the XD4000 can fill a big tank like that no worries.

As to setup, it’s all the same as any other. A pressure switch will turn the clutch on your EDC on and off. Blowing horns can then be done via solenoid or a manual valve.

What kind of horns are you looking at installing?

i’m kind of looking into the HornBlasters Shocker XL Train Horn. wanting something a little on small size as i will also be running amber light bars. my question on these horns with these being so cheap how do they hold up to weather when mounted on the roof?

Two word should sum it up …
“Lifetime” “Warranty” :smiley:

Daaaaamn, gonna put em on top huh? Looking forward to pictures of that.

20 gallons is no problem for an EDC.

When you buy your pressure switch, just pick the pressure range you want the compressor to stop at…probably 150psi. You’ll have to find out how much juice the clutch draws - you might need a relay. If so, you can buy a pressure switch with built in relay.

why you say that? it doesn’t get put on top often?

It’s not really that common.
It takes a little more modifying or rigging your vehicle so most people with newer trucks don’t want to mess with it. Also, it draws a lot more attention. Especially in an urban area.

I think it’s cool you’re going that route. It would look great on your truck & it seems like a good fit for shows.

Welcome to the forum. I’m not sure about Outback’s EDC, it might be grease lubricated.