Tickets?

Have any of you gotten a ticket for blasting your horns? Just wondering :slight_smile:

Ive gotten kicked outta alot of parking lots, and pulled over for it, but i told the i didnt know what he was talkin bout i have a stock horn, here listen…beep beep…lol
But havent gotten a ticket yet…

Are these illegal in all states? What if you get one of the cheaper horns on here, I doubt they are as loud, would they still get you pulled over?

its not the loudness that would make u get pulled over…its the way of use…

like i use mine to drive to all the outdoor bars to scare drunk people…haha im known around all the bars…
but 1 they would need to prove its ur vehicle once pulled over, 2 they would need a warrent to look in and around ur car to find the horns just to give u a ticket…
so 3… if u still have ur stock horn, just honk that and deny havin a loud horn no matter what…

so just be smart and dont honk around cops thats all… and with a k5la its soooo loud its damn near impossible to find out who has it… ive honked mine wit a cop 1 car behind me at a redlight and got away with it…
just use common sense, thats all… if u honk in the same area all the time, people will complain and call the cops and then they know its u… but if u do it on spur of the moments, ull be good!

I thought I read somewhere, that having a horn of “extreme loudness” is illegal.

Thanks for the information! :slight_smile:

experienced i see… lol i live outside the city and the cops will wait right around my house, where i usually honk my horns. i just wave at them…

i live right on the edge of Detroit Mi in a nice area called Clinton Twp.
i got to know the police around the area through my friends dad.
they love them, i had an Oakland county sheriff pull up next to me in a mall parking lot (he saw the windshield banner) and he wanted to check them out.

it all depends on the cop.
cops are people to,and they were stupid kids like us at one time.
just, not with as bad donkey of ideas.

That’s not true. A cop doesn’t need a warrant to look under your vehicle. He just can’t go into your vehicle.

i meant he cant lookin inside ur car and around the inside, like opening gloveboxes, or checkin under seats and stuff like that…

yea he can look under the vehicle… but those who have horns mounted on the grille support, the cop cant look there…

isnt that just about the same as looking under the vehicle? if its visible from the outside all he has to do is look at the front of the car to see it right?

when i had my setup on my s10 i had horns mounted on the grille support and u couldnt see the horns unless u popped the hood and unbolted the grille… that was the only way to see em…

they would have to look mighty hard to see mine, they are mounted above the spare tire carrier, plus I have a bypass switch so I can use just the stock horn