Tour de France

Do you have a favorite rider or team? Do you like the sprinters, mountain climbers, or overall competitions?

Who do you think will win the yellow jersey?

the Climbers… but mainly watch for the wrecks haha

yeah, and they’ve had some really nasty ones over the years!

My favorite team this year is Garmin Cervelo (USA). I thought Andy Schleck would win the yellow jersey but it really doesn’t matter as long as Alberto Contador doesn’t win. He’s arogant, selfish, and he’s won the last 2.

Andy had a great day and moved to within 15 seconds of the leader, Voeckler. Tomorrow should be the clincher going up “Alpe D’Huez” at the finish.

Andy Schleck has the yellow jersey with a 53 second lead over his brother Frank and a 57 second lead over Cadel Evans but tomorrow is a time trial where everyone races alone for time. Cadel is very good at time trials but Andy isn’t so tomorrow should be very interesting. At least Contador is almost 4 minutes behind so his chances are slim to none.

I was over there a few years back when Lance Armstrong won. It was quite a cool feeling to hear a bunch of french then hearing his name. Makes you feel good. We went on a crusie form England to France on the Sames river. LOL! I can’t make up my mind to who as I like, but I really enjoy the climbers. Those guys going up hill at 22+mph. THings will change with all the blood doping stuff. But imagine what it was like back in the day, to ride that course with a single speed bike. Riders probably had thighs as big as a elephants leg.

That would have been cool to see Lance climbing one of the mountains there!

Cadel Evans was amazing in the time trials and won the yellow jersey with plenty of time to spare. He’s the first Australian to win. The Schleck brothers finished 2nd & 3rd.