Train horns blowing straight air after removing back cap to clean

So about a week go I was given a set of Train horns. No idea what brand. They didn’t work wokewhen I got them but I got them working after messing with the solenoid and blowing a bunch of air through them. Just when they were starring to work right me and a coworker decided to remove the rear caps and clean the horns out (they sat outside for two years). We cleaned all the dirt, water, and corrosion out of every horn, put the diaphragms in, hooked them to air, and nothing. Just sounds like regular air coming out. No tone at all. I’m assuming the diaphragms were put in wrong? I can’t figure out which direction they are supposed to go. Anybody have any ideas? :mad:

Can we get a picture of what you are working with?

I understand they are dirty and old, but they were working and we’re pretty loud before we decided to pull the caps off. Wish I would of just left them alone…

For some reason my pictures won’t upload…

Try using a smaller picture resolution, the guidelines for each file type show up when you click on the attach symbol.

Just upload the photo to one of the many free hosting sites around (e.g. imgur) and then use a link. Here’s some guidelines from a while ago …

https://www.trainhornforums.com/showpost.php?p=73697&postcount=8

Or if you email the pics to me at hornstaruk@gmail.com
I’ll stick them on here for you :smiley: